The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere non-profit in LA, it's also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. The LA area is home to the second largest YMCA Association in the US, with 26 branches, 2 camps and over 50 child care sites. The LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passions, grow your career and make an impact!
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible programming!
Hours: Monday - Friday 5:45AM-1:30PM
The Membership Service Representative is responsible for providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere for members, participants and guest while providing and helpful information and excellent customer service. This position is responsible for all aspects of membership relations, including new member management, member satisfaction and member retention.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year degree preferred
- Strong character values; written & verbal communication skills; basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office;
- Customer service experience
- Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
- Provide excellent customer service to members, guests, and program participants.
- Ensure all membership and program enrollments are accurately processed ensuring all member information is current, by confirming contact information during enrollment.
- Process program registrations, payments, and membership enrollments.
- Respond to inquiries by providing accurate and thorough information at all times while on the phone or conducting an interview.
- Provide access control by confirming that all membership cards are scanned upon entry to ensure membership is active and up to date. This includes checking to ensure photo on membership card matches individual entering the facility as well as checking Member Access Notes to resolve any outstanding matters when necessary.
- Provide supplementary support to Membership Sales Team when necessary, including providing over the phone and in-person prospective member interviews, and provide welcoming and thorough tours. Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA.
- Respond promptly and courteously to all member complaints, compliments and inquiries while following the appropriate procedures at all times.
- Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs. Inform members of YMCA programs that will meet their changing needs and interests.
- Engage with members regarding their participation in YMCA Programs, Annual Support Campaign, and special events.
- Offer possible options when members inquire into cancellations, while following all appropriate procedures.
- Comply with and enforce Code of Conduct, Dress Code, Cell Phone, AWAY, Member Guest and Guest Pass policies, and administrate member issues as they arise. Positively interpret these policies to members.
- Follow daily cash handling procedures when processing payments and end of day reconciliation