The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere non-profit in LA, it's also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. The LA area is home to the second largest YMCA Association in the US, with 26 branches, 2 camps and over 50 child care sites. The LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passions, grow your career and make an impact!
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible programming!
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Membership in managing the membership experience by providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all members, participants and guests while providing excellent customer service. This position is responsible for all aspects of membership relations, including selling the value of a YMCA membership, prospective member management, new member acquisition, member satisfaction and retention as well as administrative duties as assigned by the Membership Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong character values, communication skills, basic computer skills and working knowledge of M/S Office
- Customer service experience plus 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Create a welcoming environment for all by warmly greeting all members and guests.
- Provide excellent customer service to members, guests, and program participants.
- Ensure all membership and program enrollments are accurately processed ensuring all member information is current, by confirming contact information during enrollment.
- Process program registrations, payments, and membership enrollments.
- Respond to inquiries by providing accurate and thorough information at all times while on the phone or conducting an interview.
- Provide access control by confirming that all membership cards are scanned upon entry to ensure membership is active and up to date. This includes checking to ensure photo on membership card matches individual entering the facility as well as checking Member Access Notes to resolve any outstanding matters when necessary.
- Prospective and New Member Management
a. Prospective Members: Provide over the phone and in-person prospective member interviews, and provide welcoming and thorough tours. Close all interviews/tours with an invitation to join the YMCA.
b. New Members: Follow all new member enrollment procedures. Reviews membership packets and guidelines. Provide a breakdown of membership benefits and offered programs. Ensure that all new members are offered a Healthy Living Appointment.
- Follow all member retention procedures.
- Comply with and enforce Code of Conduct, Dress Code, Cell Phone, AWAY, Member Guest and Guest Pass policies, and address member issues as they arise. Positively interpret these policies to members.
- Respond promptly and courteously to all member complaints, compliments and inquiries while following the appropriate procedures at all times.
- Offer possible options when members inquire into cancellations, while following all appropriate procedures.
- Follow daily cash handling procedures when processing payments and end of day reconciliation.
- Understand and be able to discuss and promote all YMCA programs. Inform members of YMCA programs that will meet their changing needs and interests.
- Engage with members regarding their participation in YMCA Programs, Annual Support Campaign, and special events.
- Assist the Membership Director with administrative tasks including but not limited to, staff scheduling, department timesheet monitoring and report auditing.
- Participate in community outreach through grassroots outings, building relationships and partnerships with community leaders, local businesses, and local government.