**This is a Part-Time position 20 hours a week, Group Exercise Coordinator Experience Preferred**
Be part of our Cause
The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Provides as an assistant to the Health & Wellness Director in the following areas: promotion, staff retention, sales and marketing. Assists in recruiting, training and supporting assigned staff. Provides liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s). Fosters and provides environment that is culturally diverse, interesting and relevant to members. Manage, sustain and grow Group Exercise program.
- Assist in developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving program design and standards.
- Accountable for processes, management and registration procedures for fee based classes.
- Reports all incidents promptly.
- Assist in the selection, orientation, coaching, training and evaluation of staff and volunteers.
- Model the Y values while working with collaborative partners, including staff, volunteers, businesses and community members.
- Support fund raising activities and other events.
- Market and promote programs.
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
- Build professional relationships and recommend, identify and participate in recruiting individuals who may be potential campaign leaders.
- Ensure compliance to established procedures, policies, safety standards and housekeeping standards.
- Maintain open communication with the leadership, related staff, volunteers and participants significant others and applicable community members
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Health & Wellness
- Schedules and monitors Group Exercise and Dance Instructors.
- Maintains accurate records of Group Exercise and Dance registrations.
- Maintains fitness equipment and facilities.
- Purchases equipment, parts and supplies as authorized.
- Coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Performs fitness evaluations for members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
Education & Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2 year degree in a related field preferred. First Aid and CPR certifications required.
Experience & Background: Must be 21 years of age. 3+ years of Group Exercise or related experience.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Windows/Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams.