Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Director, Senior Manager, and Manager of Human Resources.
The Coordinator, Human Resources will play a key role in the daily operations of the Human Resources department including payroll processing and reporting, benefits administration, recruitment support, and general HR functions.
Benefits & Payroll:
- Processes payroll and ensures the accurate integration of payroll and benefit data.
- Ensures that all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately, including, but not limited to: manual checks, timesheets and paid time off, garnishments, union dues, etc.
- Administers company-wide employee health & welfare and retirement plans. Benefit programs include, but are not limited to: 403(b) Retirement Plan, Defined Benefit Plan, medical/dental, life and AD&D, short/long-term disability, vision, voluntary programs, workers’ compensation, Leave of Absence administration, and flexible spending accounts.
- Ensures payroll and benefit plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions by staying current on mandated changes that affect benefit plans and payroll administration.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers; reviews billings for accuracy, codes, and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll, and Finance departments.
- Coordinates, facilitates, verifies, integrates, and tracks enrollment in paid and unpaid leaves of absence, including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, California Family Rights Act, California Paid Family Leave, California State Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability, and United Way Extended Sick Pay.
- Processes enrollment, status changes, and separation information with payroll and benefit providers within deadlines to ensure accurate record keeping, deductions, and integration of data.
- Acts as liaison between employees, benefit and payroll providers to resolve problems, and ensures effective utilization of these services.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure that employee status changes, payroll entries, health plan premium statements, and Finance reports are reconciled.
- Coordinates and manages annual open enrollment period and benefit fair; assists with communication of changes to employees.
- Creates benefit-related guides and materials as needed.
- Acts as a brand ambassador for UWGLA, ensuring that both employees and job candidates have a first-class experience with the organization, and an evangelist for UWGLA programs and policies.
- Assists in the recruitment process by creating job postings, coordinating and scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and initiating background checks.
- Greets incoming HR visitors, applicants, and employees, and serve as a front line HR customer service representative as appropriate.
- Fields basic questions to assist employees and provide relevant updates to the HR team on issues needing follow-up. Spend time getting to know employees professionally, in support of HR as a go-to resource.
- Schedules and facilitates employee onboarding, e.g. ID badging, etc.
- Coordinates logistics for All Team meetings and events, ensuring these employee engagement opportunities are interactive/fun, informative, and within budget parameters.
- Maintains and provide weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports as requested by the HR team. Coordinates and leads Safety Committee; ensures that safety processes, training, and documentation are up to date; collaborates with all departments to ensure compliance with security and safe practices.
- Advises HR team regarding potential areas of concern and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times for all HR related matters.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience required; experience in an HR function strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to interface with staff at all levels
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and deadlines across multiple client groups and stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Great team player and finding opportunities to help the team achieve goals and deliverables aligned with business priorities
- Must have excellent follow through skills and the ability anticipate and address organization needs proactively
- Positive outlook with a proactive, collaborative, and organizational approach to address and resolve challenges
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making
- Strong ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.