Under the general direction and guidance of the Manager, Human Resources, the Customer Service Associate will provide administrative support for a variety of clerical activities with a high level of customer service and hospitality to the organization, it’s donors, and visitors.
- Cordially welcome and greet individuals entering the organization reception area. Determine the nature and purpose of their visit and notify the appropriate internal point of contact.
- Answer, screen, and appropriately forward all calls received at the reception desk. Provide necessary information about organization such as address, directions, departments, etc., take and distribute messages, and schedule appointments as requested.
- Research to ensure accurate answers to questions from donors and members of the general public.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy, updating, and distributing the All Team Phone Directory in a timely manner.
- Collect, sort, and distribute faxes, courier mail, and packages as needed.
- Call building management office for any maintenance such as plumbing issues, lighting, janitorial services, etc.
- Assist Executive Office and other departments with various projects as needed and when work schedule permits.
- Input guest/visitor(s) name(s) into Angus (building security system) as needed or requested.
- Coordinate and distribute employee birthday cards and balloons.
- As Chair of the employee-generated Employee Recognition Awards, manage the entire process, including nominations forms, and ultimate determination.
- Initiate background screening process with third-party administrator HireRight as requested.
- Oversee LBA Annual Fire Drill process and work with Floor Wardens.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a front office or customer service role; experience with medium to high call volume, strong customer service, and administrative experience in a fast-paced corporate office
- Highly skilled at active listening
- Strong skills in time management, ability to prioritize, be organized, and work on multiple tasks at the same time
- High commitment level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to speak professionally and articulately, excellent phone manners
- Must be able to work independently, as well as highly team oriented and able to work in a participative and collaborative manner
- Must possess superior interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Must be able to speak and present to team, interact well with a diverse range of people, and constructively give and receive feedback.
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Professional appearance and positive demeanor required
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.