The Development Associate will:
• Maintain relationships with donors to ensure the stability and growth of SFBFS’ financial future
• Represents organization at outreach events
• Cultivates new donors
• Writes donor communications including thank you letters, e-newsletters, donor spotlight, etc.
• Manages third-party fundraisers, including the Big Day of Giving
• Supports large-scale fundraising events
• Plans and executes two Hoppy Hour in the Garden fundraising events per year
• Leads donor tours
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, communications or related fields
• A minimum of one year experience in fund development and/or database management - preferred
• Strong commitment to donor-focused fundraising strategies
• Experience working at a non-profit - preferred
• Good written, oral and organizational skills
• Good customer service skills
• Work harmoniously within department and with all program staff and other staff members
• Work independently with very little supervision
• Respond to unanticipated events
• Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
• Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
• SFBFS’ Oak Park (Family Services) campus location
• Comprehensive benefits.
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment which should include three professional references, and email to email@example.com for consideration. No phone calls please.About the Organization
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.orgAdditional Information
The Development Associate works with the Development team to support the fundraising efforts of SFBFS. The Development Associate, under the supervision of the Director of Development, maintains relationships with existing donors and solicits new donors, analyzes and maintains the donor database, supports implementation of fundraising strategies for the organization and manages third-party fundraisers.