Purpose of this Role:
The VP of Development will spearhead the fundraising efforts for the organization and serve as a critical member of the senior leadership team who will work together to achieve the goals of FACE 2024. This role will promote a culture of giving and position the Orange County United Way as the premier fundraiser to support the needs in our community.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Create a strategic and systematic fundraising plan for individual, institutional and workplace giving. Exercise diplomatic persistence in the cultivation of donors. Demonstrate the ability to close the deal.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, with a disciplined commitment to develop and execute broader organizational strategies to advance the goals of OCUW.
- Set the overarching direction, establish metrics and lead the staff in the execution of organizational goals. See that fundraising plans are implemented, goals achieved, timely reports generated and information shared.
- Develop sustaining strong relationships with the Board of Directors and other voluntary leadership committees.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the development function and align with strategic plan priorities, budgets and key deadlines.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals and administer salary adjustments.
- Actively engage, cultivate and build strong relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations including current, prospective and lapsed donors as well as other key executives, CEOs and influencers in the community.
- Create specific strategic corporate and individual engagement plans and goals for each portfolio that include year round interactions and engagement.
- Ensure that integrated databases provide a comprehensive view of corporate partners and potential partners. Ensure that databases continuously capture current information about employees and organizations; ensure information about needs, interests, expectations of these employees and organizations is used to enrich relationships.
- Develops workflow and guidance for team to leverage CRM and holds team members accountable for timely and accurate data entry into the system.
ORANGE COUNTY UNITED WAY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Vice President of Development
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications and/or business related field is required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role with experience in a development or sales department, including oversight, major gift solicitations and campaigns, as well as board and leadership development.
- A wide knowledge of the organizational and initiative branding to integrate and align all fundraising strategies with revenue-driven expertise.
- Non Profit Fundraising and/or Sales staff management and team leadership High-level volunteer planning, management and recruitment
- Relationship building and donor relationship building or comparable high-level account management experience
SUPERVISION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Position works under the CEO and alongside the Executive Team.
- Position supervises all the Development functions of the organization.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Experience in sales management platforms, ideally Microsoft Dynamics CRM, or Salesforce.
- Strong analytic and strategic planning skills required.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and move from one location to another. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Send Resume To: Orange County United Way 18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614 Recruiting@UnitedWayOC.org