Vision Statement - Direct Relief will be the world's leading, most transparent, and most efficient provider of charitable medical resources to people most in need of assistance.
Mission Statement - Direct Relief improves the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergency situations by mobilizing and providing essential medical resources needed for their care.
The Director, Warehouse Operations will provide strategic and operational leadership for the entire facility, including the warehouse.
Responsibilities include oversight of all warehouse operations, including shipping and receiving, inventory management, safety, quality
control, facilities, and security. Provides leadership to ensure all operational guidelines, safety compliance and policies and procedures are
communicated and followed. Leads continuous improvement and fosters a culture of professionalism, safety and excellence.
- Develop overarching short-term and long-term goals and initiatives through collaboration and partnership with teams throughout the organization.
- Research and create best practices for Direct Relief’s new, larger warehouse, including product flow, safety set up, quality control, and overall efficiency.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through process and system improvements.
- Provide leadership and development to the Operations, Facilities, Safety and Security teams and/or efforts
- Collaborate with all teams Partnerships and Philanthropy, Programs, Program Operations, IT, Finance, Compliance, HR, Philanthropic Investment, and Communications) throughout the organization to meet operational and organizational goals aligned with Direct Relief's mission and values.
- Identify most effective staffing models and select and develop top talent throughout Operations
- Develop and lead a culture of operational excellence in areas of safety, quality, and customer satisfaction for all warehouse activities including receiving, shipping, cycle counting and inventory management.
- Plan and manage human resource processes. This includes staffing level recommendations which accounts for variable order volume, performance management, training and development.
- Continuously evaluate existing operations to recommend and implement improvements affecting productivity, accuracy, and quality using technology and/or process optimization. Ensure all operating areas in the warehouse are configured for efficiency and safety.
- Develop and manage operating budget for all aspects of Operations, including; staffing and training, facilities, security, equipment, shipping and receiving, etc.
- Create and manage a newly added facilities function and all responsibilities within.
- Identify equipment and capital expenditure requirements needed to meet the organizational goals.
- Develop and analyze key metrics and ensure established goals are met in the areas of performance, quality, and safety.
- Provide direction for various programs essential to the warehouse procedures such as training, SOPs, safety, compliance, housekeeping and security.
- Develop and foster a culture that ensures a safe operating environment including but not limited to the maintenance and safe operation of equipment, safe work procedures are followed by all team members and there is a continuous focus on safety in all work performed at the warehouse facility. Comply with all OSHA, federal, and state policies.
Experience and Attributes:
- Values aligned with Direct Relief’s vision and mission.
- BA or BS in Business, Supply Chain or other relevant area.
- Minimum of 5 years in a comparable leadership role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in Leading Operations, Facilities, Safety, and Security.
- Experience managing large scale budgets, including equipment, staffing, facilities, etc.
- Proven track record of creating policies, procedures, and best practices in Operations.
- Experience in successfully partnering with IT staff to continuously improve processes and productivity while leading safety, and quality.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills to translate a strategic vision into a successful operational model.
- Strong background utilizing systems to improve efficiencies
- Warehouse management systems required; SAP experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate with teams and individuals throughout the organization to meet and exceed key objectives.