This position provides executive level administrative support to the Vice President of Talent & Culture, as well as, administrative support to the Talent & Culture department.
The Executive Assistant oversees and administers the day to day activities of the Talent & Culture department and is critical to the business. This position requires a high level of organizational, communication and technological skills, as well as broad knowledge and the ability to anticipate, prioritize, multi-task, and self-direct.
The ideal candidate must be proactive with excellent problem solving and judgment skills. The individual must be able to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature, interact comfortably and skillfully with senior level executives within and outside the company, as well as with our staff, vendors and visitors. S/he will be expected to resolve time-sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and the ability to anticipate the needs of the executive are a must. The ability to credibly and competently interact with other executive assistants and managers within/outside of the Foundation is required. The individual will be expected to apply judgment and execute tasks with minimal direction.
Ultimately, the Executive Assistant should be able to identify and address the needs of the Vice President of Talent & Culture and department while performing administrative tasks to ensure the department’s work-flow runs smoothly.
Provide administrative support to VP of Talent & Culture
- Manage workflow of multiple issues within the VP’s continuously adapting schedule, while remaining cognitive of the criticality, sensitivity, and confidentiality of issues while keeping VP well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; follow up appropriately.
- Maintain calendar, schedule appointments, coordinate internal and external meetings while prioritizing the level of importance.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to completion.
- Screen information and correspondences; communicate instructions and information effectively on behalf of the VP. Follow up to ensure a timely - Coordinate materials prior to meetings, develop and manage meeting communications and cadence activities.
- Coordinate domestic or international travel according to policy and accurately prepare and submit expense reports.
- Compose reports, correspondence, presentations, and memos. Review drafts and finished documents.
Support to Talent & Culture Team
- Prepare monthly expense report for Human Resources Director.
- Plan and coordinate events, meetings, vendor visits, to include but not limited to conference room reservations, call set-up, catering services and video conferences.
- Provide project management support and coordinate workflow for current and future projects.
- Maintain information on all internal and external department web pages and sites.
- Answer questions and resolve or refer concerns by communicating proactively and demonstrating commitment to high quality customer service. Human Resources Operations
- Assist with payroll preparation and provide backup support for payroll & benefits administration.
- Track paid time off balances to ensure accuracy.
- Interface with staff and external consultants and vendors as appropriate.
- Organize and maintain employee files ensuring completeness and legal compliance, prepare new employee files, and maintains employee directories.
- Assist with recruiting efforts; job postings, interview scheduling, background/reference checking.
- Establish IT set up, coordinate facilities access and other pre-onboarding activities for new hires.
- Perform data entry and assist with new HCM system set up and ongoing maintenance.
- Update monthly organizational charts.
- Proactively identify ways to enable greater productivity and efficiency in role and department initiatives.
- Undertake projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience/skill set.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience providing support at the executive level.
- Experience and/or high-level of interest in human resources/talent management.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be proactive, and apply sound judgment when making decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills; ability to build effective relationships with all levels of staff and external relations.
- Highly resourceful, organized and attentive to detail; strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team with flexibility and willingness to learn and to take initiative on a variety of tasks and projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and discretion with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitively.
- Experience with calendar management, meeting scheduling and coordination, planning events, expense reports and data reports.
- Experience with email systems and Microsoft office suite tools (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), electronic collaboration tools, and video conferences.
- Self-starter capable of working autonomously under minimal supervision, in a highly visible, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to respond quickly and adapt effectively to non-routine requests and situations with accuracy.
- A passion for and a commitment to the Foundation’s mission.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to the Talent and Culture Team at email@example.com. Please note “Executive Assistant to the VP of Talent & Culture” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.