Under general direction of the department head and the team leader, performs diverse duties in support and collaboration with 1) Maintaining the data integrity of the VFC Office Databases, 2) Acting as a liaison of the VFC Office to the Clergy Connect program and assisting in compliance guidelines, 3) Preparation of reports for ACC Offices, 4) Screening procedures for ministerial faculties requests, and 5) General administrative and secretarial responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
Maintain the data integrity of VFCO Databases
- Update records in the Clergy Database, Faculties Database, and Spurious Database from change sheets prepared by VFCO Staff to keep track of assignment changes and new entries.
- Assist in overseeing the use of the Applications Database and Incardination Database and provide assistance to the users as needed.
- Run pre-set programs for database maintenance.
- Seek assistance from Applied Technology for any database technical issues that may arise during regular use.
- Upload and download spreadsheet information to and from the database as needed for various projects.
Analyze the use of the databases and determine areas for improvement
- Provide user specifications to Applied Technology on modifications to the databases so that they are more efficient, user friendly, and foolproof.
- Work with Applied Technology on testing the modifications to the databases and providing feedback as needed.
2. Clergy Connect
- Act as a liaison for the Clergy Connect Program and assists in compliance guidelines.
- Assist priests with inquiries about the Clergy Connect Program, eligibility for a device, and general questions.
- Set up individual ACES email addresses and updates ACES locations of users.
- Reset passwords of ACES accounts through ADLA Master ACES Panel as needed.
- Act as an information source on policies and procedures to Applied Technology/C3.
- Keep track of devices that will need to be retrieved and/or reissued.
- May troubleshoot device problems over the phone and offer instructions or refer device users to corresponding staff in Applied Tech.
- Represent VFC Office in the committee handling the Sprint Initiative/C3 Collaboration.
- Run lists/labels for different departments (e.g. Catholic Schools, Archbishop's Office, Seminary, etc.) as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Clergy Change List to post online in the VFC webpage and distributed on ACES.
- Assist in the review of clergy information for the The Tidings Directory (e.g. checking for accuracy of names in the picture section, preparing Golden Jubilarian list etc.)
- Assist the Team Leader with the preparation of statistics and data for the annual Official Catholic Directory Report in autumn and the Rome Report in the spring (as well as the Quinquennial Report for the Archbishop’s ad limina visits to Rome).
- Assist the Team Leader and the Priest Pension Staff with reconciling and updating historical information from clergy files.
- Assist in the review of the quarterly spreadsheet from Financial Services for priest pension assessment billing mailing to parishes.
- Assist the Team Leader and Senior Staff in the compiling the statistics for the annual USCCB Charter Audit involving various offices/departments.
3. Screenings for Ministerial Faculties Requests
- Check Faculties Database for incoming requests for faculties.
- Conduct Google Searches as part of the screening procedures.
- File and archive files of ministerial faculties request documents.
- Assist in following up on reports of spurious priests and compiling names for the quarterly “Priests with No Permission to Minister List” to be posted online and disturbed on ACES.
4. General Administrative and Secretarial Duties
Assist in the following tasks as needed:
- Updating VFC Office webpages.
- Distribution of notices through ACES for VFC Office and other ACC Departments.
- Responding inquiries from email messages and the Master ADLA account on Yammer.
- Assisting in gathering, taking, and uploading priest pictures to the database.
- Assisting Senior Staff in preparing priest immigration forms and documentation.
- Assisting in obtaining the required documentation from visiting priests from other diocese/religious, particularly the Statement of Suitability for Ministry.
- Preparation of mailings for Personnel Board elections and lists for Deanery elections as well as preparation of correspondence to priests and parishes.
- Providing backup support to other clerical employees.
- Answering phone calls, particularly Spanish speakers.
- Supporting VFC Office Staff on Special Projects.
- Maintaining office equipment to run smoothly and efficiently.
- Performing related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Two years of secretarial training.
- Minimum of four years of experience in increasing responsible secretarial positions preferably including some experience within the Church.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The mission and organizational structure of the Catholic Church.
- Archdiocesan and Church policies, procedures and organization.
- Current word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Office procedures and business etiquette.
- Android and Apple smartphones, tablets, and digital applications.
- Shorthand or experience in transcribing from a machine.
- English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Typing at a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Short-range organizational planning.
- Operate standard office equipment and computer.
- Formatting and generating reports.
- Written and oral communication. For positions requiring bilingual skills, the incumbent must also be fluent in English and Spanish or other required language.
- Public contact.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Coordinate and delegate various activities with efficiency.
- Display sensitivity to various situations and needs.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on our website at: http://archla.org/employmentpdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location
Vicar for Clergy
3424 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90010
FAX: (213) 637-6115
8 days ago - save job
- original job
Indeed will send your application to .
Please review all application instructions before applying to The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles.