Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
The Director of STRTP will be responsible to provide leadership, program design, and management of our 24 hour, intensive Treatment Foster Care Program for foster youth ages 12-18. The Director is responsible to ensure that all services are provided in accordance with the Los Angeles Youth Network mission statement, Value Statement, approved supervision practice, Code of Conduct and LAYN Policies and Procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Insure and direct the daily operations of the Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP) operate effectively and efficiently, providing the highest quality of services possible.
• Plan, organize, evaluate, and direct the STRTP, its staff and activities. • Monitoring and ensuring compliance to contracts and accreditation (CARF) standards
• Ensures efficacy and implementation of all clinical interventions utilized with residents through monitoring and oversight.
• Supervises a multi-disciplinary staff to include two or more clinicians; confers with staff regularly regarding techniques used, case progress, and in conjunction with direct supervisor review case notes following all Department of Mental Health and Department of Social Services guidelines.
• Ensures quality therapeutic care to residents in each program while adhering to and enforcing federal and state licensing regulations.
• Collaborates, coordinates and advocates with other community professionals, servicing agencies, clients and families to ensure service plan implementation and/or linkage services.
• Monitor STRTP census to ensure compliance with LAYN intake, discharge and re-entry policies and procedures, including planned transitions into foster care facilities.
• Consistently exercise sound, independent judgment and adequate emotional stability in evaluating situations and making decisions despite the pressures of deadlines or the occurrence of unexpected stressful events.
• Insure that procedures necessary to effectively track and gather data for internal and external reports are developed and consistently implemented for STRTP. Insure the timely submission of such reports.
• Participate in programs designed for in-service education, on the job training, and orientation classes for newly assigned program staff.
• On-call to assist program staff in handling crisis situations, intervenes personally as needed (PET team, police, etc.).
• Maintain an atmosphere of safety and support in accordance with established policies and procedures • Perform other related duties as assigned