Are you interested in working someplace where your supervisors and colleagues are friendly, respectful and supportive? Where every day you learn something new, contribute to the workplace culture, and develop yourself personally and professionally? Are you curious about what can be accomplished when colleagues share core values and work together toward common goals? Are you passionate about social justice and balancing inequities in the world? Do you like the idea of making a difference in the lives of hundreds of young people every day? Do you love to work hard, strive to improve your performance every day, and have fun while you’re at it? Do you bring and expect integrity and meaning in your work?
If you answered yes to ALL of these questions, then please review our employment opportunities below and apply for the right one(s) for you. If there are no openings currently listed, please visit this page again soon – we are growing!
One great way to get to know APCH and vice versa, is to volunteer before you work here. Please click here to view VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES.
A Place Called Home is seeking a knowledgeable Evaluation and Outcomes Manager
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, and in consultation with the Chief of Staff, the Evaluation and Outcomes Manager will help to establish and maintain program evaluation and outcomes development efforts at A Place Called Home. These initiatives are essential and will be utilized in a variety of ways: to assess program effectiveness, inform program development/improvement, report back to external stakeholders and funders, and for messaging results/outcomes to align with overall agency narrative. The Evaluation and Outcomes Manager will collaborate with all departments at APCH and support the development of an overall evaluation component under the “APCH Model,” a curriculum and training manual for sustainability and replication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research, create and design program evaluation frameworks and protocols for APCH’s intervention/program models
• Collect, aggregate and analyze evaluation data to produce narratives for internal and external messaging and reporting
• Work collaboratively with executive leadership team and consultants to research and review a comprehensive evaluation toolkit to measure impact across a wide variety of innovative programs, including inter-agency partnerships and community events
• Research and recommend program evaluation instruments and techniques including but not limited to surveys, focus groups, group facilitations and interviews
• Create impact reports and outcome narratives for reporting to multiple internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to funders, Board of Directors, Executive Management Team, staff, constituents, colleagues, partners, and others where relevant
• Develop and archive qualitative and quantitative data, including individual APCH constituent success narratives, into reports for internal and external stakeholders; generate reports regularly for evaluative purposes
• Work collaboratively with programmatic staff members and consultants to integrate standardized protocols into APCH’s methodology and ensure that qualitative and quantitative data is gathered and analyzed in an effective and ethical manner that correlates with established data collection protocols of the agency and meets the standards of the sector
• Stay up-to-date with academic research and best practices in all fields relevant to APCH’s mission and programs
• Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this critical job successfully, the Evaluation and Outcomes Manager must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. A Place Called Home is a learning organization with an expectation of employee contribution to continual growth and learning as a community. All employees are encouraged to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are encouraged to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that you will also consider the bigger picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
Technical and Performance Skills
Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
Data gathering, analysis and management
Dedicated to excellence
Strong Organizational Skills
Computer Skills: Mac and PC literate, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel – intermediate level, PowerPoint
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to internal and external stakeholders from diverse and varied backgrounds
• Extensive knowledge of education and youth development related research;
• Proven track record of successfully implementing evaluation systems
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, familiarity with SPSS or other statistical analysis software required
• Familiarity with multiple databases preferred
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
Qualified candidates, please email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Evaluation and Outcomes Manager” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Please let us know if you are an APCH alumnus!
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening