DWC seeks an enthusiastic, experienced leader who is eager to make a direct, significant impact on the downtown Los Angeles community. This is a unique opportunity to apply DWC’s successful service models, and shape and expand the delivery of services to meet the immediate and long-term needs of low-income and homeless women, through our onsite Permanent Supportive Housing. S/he must also be able to balance the day-to-day needs of the organization in a supportive atmosphere as a key member of the senior management team. This position reports directly to the Chief Program Officer and supervises a department of specialized professionals, providing leadership, support, and expertise to DWC’s onsite housing programs.
- Lead the delivery of services and strategic planning within the Center’s array of housing programming for homeless and low-income women; oversee social services of onsite Permanent Supportive Housing
- Enhance coordination of policies, procedures, and services across all programs
- Provide quality assurance and program evaluation, ensuring that programs provided are effective, efficient, and in keeping with the vision and culture of DWC
- Develop and integrate new programs while meeting organizational and grant objectives
- Implement and strategically guide Best Practices in homeless service delivery, including Critical Time Intervention and Trauma-Informed Care
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision to Program Managers and/or Mental Health Case Managers.
- Evaluate crisis situations on an individual basis.
- Work collaboratively with each team to identify appropriate services, taking into account each individual’s physical and cognitive needs.
- Bolster substance treatment services provided with PSH and across DWC departments
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefitting clients, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events, gatherings, and conferences
- Manage a departmental budget with ongoing reporting
- Provide regular reports to the Chief Program Officer and additional reports as assigned
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication Proficiency
- Budget Management
- Relationship Management/Team Building
- Problem Solving
Required Education and Experience
- Master level education in a mental health field (Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology) is required.
- Clinical licensure is required.
- Two years post licensure, with the ability to sign Board of Behavioral Sciences hours required
- In good standing with the Board of Behavioral Sciences required
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Four to six years’ experience in supervision of a similar clinical or housing environment and demonstrated experience managing progressive responsibilities as a senior staff member.
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults required
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Experience with HMIS data entry and quality assurance reports preferred
- Experience with housing subsidy programs preferred (Site Based Section 8)
- Preferred applicants will have experience working with:
- Individuals living with co-occurring disorders and experiencing homelessness
- Individuals with serious mental illness and substance addiction
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English preferred.
Schedule & Benefits
This is a full-time, permanent, exempt position and is eligible for DWC’s comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, parking and transportation benefits. Office hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.