Los Angeles, California
The Director of Development/Annual Giving serves as a key component to the overall direction, vision, implementation, and execution of all aspects of our annual fund. Among the job duties as described below, this position is responsible for helping the Trojan Athletic Fund retain and grow its members and serve as the primary liaison between development and the ticket office. Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director, Development the Director of Development will collaborate with peers to establish goals and work with one another to ensure those goals are met.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for maintaining and growing a donor portfolio as well as identifying/qualifying/cultivating/soliciting individuals with gift potential of $3,000-$5,500 and above.
- In collaboration with the Senior Associate Athletic Director, the Associate Athletic Director, and the Annual Fund Team, this position will develop, coordinate, and implement fundraising strategies to grow both the Trojan Athletic Fund’s membership as well as the amount raised on an annual basis.
- Lead and collaborate on various renewal and growth strategies as it relates to our annual fund members.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and work closely with the development team to identify, research, and set strategies for new prospective donors.
- This position will serve as the main liaison with the ticket office, ticket sales, as well as the marketing department as it relates to tickets.
- Ensure an effective stewardship plan for donors that is representative of the impact of the gift and its meaningfulness to the donor and uses university best practices.
- This position will be responsible for football and men’s basketball parking. This may include working on various pricing models, parking distribution, as well as the assignment of parking.
- Draft gift proposals for review or provides recommendations and assistance to proposal writers.
- Build a large prospect base by engaging with prospects through visits and events.
- Attends meetings related to football and men’s basketball tickets.
- Attends weekly Trojan Athletic Fund meeting.
- Meets university guidelines of 12 visits per month, while effectively moving prospects through the donor cycle.
- Provides thorough updates and contact reports via the university donor database
Job Profile Summary Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Volunteer or support group administrative or management experience.
**APPLY HERE: https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/director-of-development-annual-giving/1209/10043387264
About University of Southern California - USC
USC is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work.