The Development Coordinator plays a key role in the Office of Strategic Initiatives within the Department of Institutional Advancement. The Coordinator provides strategic and intentional support for key fundraising projects and manages related information. He/she works closely with Strategic Initiatives team members as well as major gift officers and partners with Advancement Services and the fundraising support team on a regular basis. The Development Coordinator is responsible for a wide-array of writing assignments and drafts, for example, proposals and reports as well as gift agreements and fundraising support materials.
This position is represented for purposes of collective bargaining by SEIU.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job.
Operations and Fundraising Support
· Provides administrative support to Executive Director and the team including scheduling of group meetings
· Maintains Institutional Advancement fundraising policies and procedures as they relate to Strategic Initiatives
· Maintains templates for standard funding opportunities for major gift donors and keeps related gift agreement templates up to date
· Populates standard proposals and fundraising support materials for individual donors
· Assists with the identification and research of potential CFR prospects
· Assists with the preparation and writing of proposals and reports for CFR prospects
· Tracks proposal submissions for foundation relations
· Manages gift agreement process for Major Gifts
· Maintains the office’s digital and hard copy files
· Organizes site visits for foundation relations prospects/donors and manages select events related to the Faculty-Institutional Advancement partnership.
· Hires, trains, and manages student workers in consultation with Strategic Initiatives team.
Other duties as assigned
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a condition of hire for a staff position and for appointment to a faculty position, Occidental College requires that all candidates who have received a conditional offer of employment complete an application form (if they have not already done so) and consent to a background check. Satisfactory completion of a background check, along with pre-employment verifications and references are required as a condition of employment, but only as permitted by federal, state, and local law, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.