After-School All-Stars is seeking a Manager of Grants Administration (MGA) to join the national Development team. This position works as a key member of the national fundraising team and is focused primarily on ensuring that foundation, corporate, and government grants are executed in compliance with donor intent and funding guidelines. S/he will work closely across several departments (Finance, Programs, Development) as well as with ASAS regional and local chapter leadership. This role will also interact directly with funders as appropriate.
· Working cross-functionally to ensure that grants are developed with relevant stakeholders represented early in the process (chapter and regional leadership, national programs staff, internal departments or divisions)
· Analyzing network-wide programmatic needs to ensure that ASAS’ grant solicitation approach aligns with strategic goals
· Reviewing and providing guidance related to grant agreements/MOUs/contracts with funders to ensure alignment with organizational policies and project goals
· Creating and administering a process for allocating grant funds internally post-award
· Developing project budgets and budget reports for national and multi-chapter grants with input from relevant departments
· Developing Chapter Grant Agreements that support effective grant implementation
· Facilitating and monitoring the implementation of grant programmatic deliverables
· Entering data and liaising with finance team/ASAS chapters to ensure that corporate, foundation, and government grants are tracked effectively in Salesforce CRM with appropriate documentation
· Ensuring that grant deliverables and reports are tracked effectively in Salesforce CRM and supporting the completion of grant reports
· Work with programs, regional executive directors, finance, division leads, and chapter executive directors, to create a network-wide fundraising needs assessment.
· Collaborate with National Strategy & Evaluation Department, National Program Department, and ASAS chapters to ensure proposed grants include realistic timelines, deliverables, and objectives that are supported by adequate grant funding to meet goals.
· In partnership with Director of Development Operations, maintain grants calendar, communicating deadlines and related deliverables to other development team members, program staff, and operations staff to help ensure on-time submissions.
· Coordinate with Program staff in stewarding awarded funds, particularly: communicating funder priorities and expectations to chapter staff to direct their implementation of funded programming.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The MGA will embody ASAS’s core values: accountable, collaborative, transparent, proactive, and entrepreneurial, and demonstrate a commitment to the mission of helping kids succeed in school and in life.
This individual will have demonstrated success in working with local affiliates of large organizations and working in a collaborative style. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
§ 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in grants, budgeting, and nonprofit development
§ Solid understanding of nonprofit grant management best practices
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills
§ Excellent project management skills
§ Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
§ Excellent prioritization skills
§ Organized and detail-oriented
§ Dependable, conscientious, and capable of managing multiple deadlines at once
§ Dedicated to continual learning and development
§ Capable of working independently as well as part of a team
§ Flexible and able to adapt to changing position demands and shifting organizational priorities
§ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones
§ Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
§ Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, Salesforce experience preferred
LEARN MORE ABOUT AFTER SCHOOL ALL-STARS:
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org
ASAS promotes a healthy work/life blend and offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, a 403b match, 18 days of paid time off, flex time, and 15 paid holidays.
ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be in PDF format, addressed to the Senior Director of Talent Development, and indicate how your experience is relevant to this role with After-School All-Stars. Please put “MGA” and your last name in the subject heading.