As a small non-profit, it is essential that our team members are committed to our mission and committed to providing high quality legal representation and legal information to the community.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documents; gathering and organizing documents for filing with the Court and other governmental or administrative agencies;
- Administrative duties as needed including, but not limited to: ordering supplies, mailings (including mail merge), phone/email correspondence, and other projects as assigned;
- Research and investigation, including research of public records databases (e.g. Westlaw), governmental and administrative agencies, and the internet;
- Analyze documents and records for information related to assets subject to judgment recovery;
- Conduct intakes and communicate with workers and clients;
- Assist and oversee other legal assistants in training and development to understand WJC’s procedures;
- Light bookkeeping duties, that include depositing checks, and processing check request;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Paralegal certification preferred;
- Experience working with immigrant communities highly desirable;
- Experience working in a legal office highly desirable;
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse, multicultural community;
- Detail oriented, possess strong organizational skill and professionalism;
- Documentation skills to follow all WJC data management protocols;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required;
- Be flexible, reliable, trustworthy, self-directed, self-motivated, and manage time effectively;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Spanish-language fluency strongly preferred).
This is a full-time, non-exempt position that includes a generous benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience; hourly range is $17-$24.
Interested candidate should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Supplemental Insurance, Metro Business Transit Access Pass (TAP), Vacation and Sick Time Accrual, Paid Holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-language fluency strongly preferred
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org