As a member of the People & Operations team, the Site Operations Manager will play a critical role ensuring staff and corps have the necessary tools and resources to drive student impact and operational excellence. Reporting directly to the People & Operations Director, the Site Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day site operations including providing top-notch customer service as well as establish managing IT and operational systems to ensure site-wide goals are met. S/he will be responsible for tracking all expenses in a timely and accurate manner to ensure optimal use of resources that CYLA comes in at or under budget.
This position plays a critical role in ensuring our site is effective and intentional by planning ahead, anticipating challenges, coordinating resources, and supporting site development, which is central to CYLA’s strategic plan for increased impact in schools. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and strategic thinker with a passion for relationship development.
City Year values and continuously works to build an equitable and inclusive culture where diverse people feel they belong.
- Manage relationship with building management to proactively address issues in a timely manner.
- Manage supply ordering in a timely manner to ensure staff have the materials they need to be successful
- Coordinate office space use; manage conference room calendars and coordinate guest reservations
- Maintain and improve operational processes and procedures to sure the site runs smoothly and efficiently including ensuring staff are fully trained and comply
- Manage policies and procedures of office space to ensure consistent organization and cleanliness
- Manage office vendor services & relationships
- Support office emergency preparedness
- Coordinate staff and corps travel needs
Site Information Technology
- Serve as an Information Technology Services (ITS) site point, working closely with Headquarters’ ITS department to ensure that staff and corps are properly equipped to deliver high-quality service
- Manage distribution, repair, and maintenance of all technology and equipment; Maintain accurate records
- Manage staff and AmeriCorps Member account setup
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise (computers, accounts, printers, fax machines, desk phones, cell phones, building fobs, keys, projectors and A/V needs)
- Support maintaining City Year’s content management system to ensure effective collaboration and information sharing:
- Update system with timely and relevant information
- Organize and maintain updated site files
- Update and manage permissions
- Support ongoing site training and development
Budget & Finance Management:
- Account for 100% of CYLA’s purchases and expenses
- Review expense ledgers monthly and reconcile any errors
- Assist with annual site budget planning process and prepare monthly budget updates
- Prepare and monitor school and group level budgets to ensure program staff have information necessary to meet programmatic needs
- Manage all supplier requests and submit all site invoices for payment
- Monitor significant and time sensitive invoices to ensure timely payment
- Review all site reimbursements and recurring invoices for accuracy
- Manage site purchase cards including coding and submission of all spending documentation
- Coordinate site contracts submission and approval process
- Liaise with headquarters finance department to ensure CYLA financial requests are met
- Ensure staff are fully trained and comply with all financial policies & procedures
Additional Site Support:
- Support operations of CYLA site to ensure staff have the information, materials and supplies necessary to provide excellent service
- Support corps onboarding, uniform distribution and other department functions as needed
- Partner with CYLA departments and staff through confirmed corps and stakeholder engagement, event and service day participation and cross-departmental committees as needed to ensure site-wide goals are met
- 2+ years relevant experience in non-profit, operations, finance, IT, education or related fields
- City Year/AmeriCorps experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on results and process
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Savvy with and interest in technology
- Strong track record of learning new technology systems and tools quickly
- Able to work effectively under pressure, handle competing priorities and respond to short deadlines with a team and independently
- Excellent customer service skills; able to balance own projects against the needs of others
- Sets high expectations for self and others with a positive can-do attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); experience with SharePoint a plus
- Experience with and commitment to community service, national service and/or the development of young people as leaders.
Additional Qualities Needed:
In order to succeed in this role, an applicant must have the following competencies:
- Desire to Learn: City Year has a unique service model and organizational culture. Successful applicants have strong experience and a track record of success in the above areas, but must be willing and eager to continue to learn as well as be self-aware of their areas for continued professional growth and development.
- Communication: Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Is able to make operational and technical information clear and approachable. Listens well and asks good questions. Communicates well verbally and in writing, tailoring communication for the audience and situation.
- Executes to Results: Holds self-accountable, sets high expectations for self and others with a positive can-do attitude. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Tracks and communicates progress, including potential delays in a timely manner. Is proactive in addressing issues with appropriate level of urgency and in finding new ways of providing support.
- Problem Solving and Resilience:Successful applicants are tenacious and flexible in the face of challenges. They look beyond the obvious and don’t stop at the first barrier.They identify the information needed to solve a problem, link decisions to potential consequences and know when to escalate or seek guidance.
- Relationship Development:Approachable and friendly. Actively seeks feedback and to understand others perspectives, interests and concerns. Adapts approaches to different people and situations.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.