Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking someone willing to challenge the status quo and identify new capabilities to provide to people affected by disasters both domestically and internationally. This person will lead market analysis, stakeholder engagement, design and development of new capabilities.
The ideal candidates will possess or have demonstrated ability to quickly develop:
- A healthy understanding of at least two of the following disciplines: domestic housing (international, a plus), residential construction, project management, nonprofit management, domestic emergency management, or international humanitarian landscapes
- Basic understanding of and empathy for vulnerable or systematically disadvantaged populations
- A high degree of empathy for people affected by disasters and an ability to channel that into advocacy and action.
- Exceptional writing skills; technical or instructional writing experience a plus
- Experience working in organizational workforces comprised of volunteers and/or veterans
TR has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. Candidates for the position are required to balance a team-player attitude with a strong command presence.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
- Assists in project management for the continued build-out of the Rebuild capability
- Facilitate policy-making decisions, and process improvement for the Rebuild capability
- Develop written guidance materials (job aids, manuals, guides)
- Continually seeks best practices, academic research, training, public policy documents, and other information sources to best understand the scope, challenges, and needs relevant to the capability’s target impacts.
- Serve as a convener of skills, perspectives, and expertise to drive the design of processes and policy
- Serve as a communicator between the Rebuild team and the Capabilities team
- Assist in the facilitation of Rebuild-specific training and program evaluations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in emergency/disaster management, business administration, nonprofit management, housing, community development, or related field; or equivalent experience. Graduate degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the military, non-profit, housing, construction, project management, or emergency management community
- Understanding of and/or first-hand experience with TR’s disaster response history and capabilities
- Efficient and thorough approach to project management
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tedious, multi-faceted dynamics
- Adapts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters
- Social and interpersonal skills that support rapport-building with TR members
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress
- Exceptionally skilled in analyzing, organizing, coordinating, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support mission requirement
- This role is based in the headquarters office in Los Angeles but may be considered for remote employment
- The person filling this position may be required to complete training courses as recommended and made available by Team Rubicon
- This role requires deployment to disaster operations 1-2 times a year
- This role requires 25% travel