Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars provides free, daily after school programs to over 90,000 youth in over 450 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY:
After-School All-Stars is currently seeking a driven, proactive Executive Assistant (EA) to support the Chief Development Officer, based in the National Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. This position will be crucial to the Development team’s success in achieving its revenue goals and will be deeply involved in all aspects of resource development work, working closely with a team that is headquarted in Los Angeles and Washington DC, with chapters across the US.
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS (40%)
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (30%)
· Handle all travel for the CDO and Devo leadership team
· Manage CDO calendar and coordinate departmental meetings
· Draft written correspondence on behalf of the CDO, including org- wide communications, departmental updates, and daily email correspondence with a variety of stakeholders
· Coordinate high level meetings and organizational gatherings
· Cultivate and maintain relationships between the ASAS national office and the broader ASAS network
· Support the Devo leadership team as needed
· Handle credit card reconciliations for the Department and monitor departmental expenses
GIFT PROCESSING (20%)
· Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgement to ensure accurate data entry in Salesforce, retention of all required gift documentation, and excellent donor stewardship via prompt and well-written acknowledgment letters
· Collaborate with Finance team to ensure donations received via check, ASAS website, social media, wire transfers, and 3rd party fundraising platforms are recorded accurately in Salesforce and that documentation requirements are met
GENERAL DEVELOPMENT (10%)
· Staff special events, as necessary
· Work with staff and donors to ensure site visits are well planned and executed
· Work closely with marketing to ensure materials are reviewed and readily available
· Other duties as assigned
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Executive Assistant will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive. An undergraduate degree is required. The successful candidate will be extremely organized and detail oriented, have strong communication skills, excellent writing skills, and be capable of multi-tasking and juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
A minimum of 6-8 years in a similar role is required (nonprofit, university or an entrepreneurial organization.) The Executive Assistant must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion, as the EA has access to sensitive organizational information. Candidates should have a desire to demonstrate exceptional skills in a high level, high profile position.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AFTER SCHOOL ALL-STARS:
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org
ASAS promotes a healthy work/life blend and offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, a 403b match, 18 days of paid time off, flex time, and 15 paid holidays.
ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be in PDF format, addressed to the Senior Director of Talent Development, and indicate how your experience is relevant to this role with After-School All-Stars. Please put “Executive Assistant” and your last name in the subject heading.