The Housing Rights Center (“HRC”) is seeking a Director of Investigations to supervise its investigations team and case investigations of rental and sales housing discrimination complaints.
The Housing Rights Center (“HRC”) is dedicated to achieving discrimination-free housing. HRC is the nation’s largest private, non-profit fair housing advocacy organization. Its mission is to actively support and promote freedom of residence through education, advocacy, and litigation, to the end that all persons have the opportunity to secure the housing they desire and can afford. The Director will work primarily in HRC’s main office in Los Angeles, where it has a full-time staff of twenty-six.
· Supervise 6 Investigators; train staff as appropriate; develop trainings and maintain own case load.
· Oversee discrimination complaint intake and investigation which includes: the coordination of tests and surveys, the collection of witness statements, the compilation of accurate and complete case files, the counseling of clients, case analysis and the referral of cases. May require visits to the subject property location.
· Coordinate resolution of discrimination complaints, through conciliation and litigation support.
· Work with Litigation Dept. to assist in managing cases for litigation and serve as a fact witness.
· Conduct fair housing tester recruitment and training, maintain an adequate tester pool.
· Work as a member of the management team to oversee office productivity.
· Stay aware of changes and developments in both State and Federal fair housing laws.
· Attend meetings and conferences relevant to fair housing issues.
· Maintain discrimination case log and prepare monthly statistical and narrative reports.
· Maintain detailed and accurate time records.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Salary starting at $60,000+ Depending on experience and education level. HRC offers health, vision, and dental insurance in addition to paid sick days and a minimum of 12 paid holidays/days off. A 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution is available after one year of employment.
Please e-mail or mail a resume AND cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to:
Laurel Steven, Office Manager; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
HRC offers health, vision, and dental insurance in addition to paid sick days and a minimum of 12 paid holidays/days off. A 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution is available after one year of employment.