To efficiently perform a variety of routine administrative duties in support of the Senior Director of Human Resources and exempt Human Resources staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and missions of the Church in performing their work.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers callers to the appropriate staff member, using discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Receives and directs visitors.
- Responsible for filing personnel files and related documents ensuring they are filed and stored according to department guidelines and retention policies.
- Prepares and sends reminder notices to department heads to ensure completion of 90 day and annual employee evaluations. Notifies Senior Director of Human Resources immediately regarding non-compliance issues.
- Requests reports form Human Resources Generalists on a monthly basis to ensure follow up for employee I-9 expiration dates,
- Checks Human Resources FAX inbox every day and distributes to appropriate staff member.
- Under direction of the Sr. Director of Human Resources coordinates all aspects of special events.
- Schedules appointments as requested.
- Organizes and maintains front desk, lobby and file and supply storage areas, monitoring forms and supplies as necessary and ensuring documents are filed and stored according to department guidelines and retention policies.
- Assists Employee Advisory Council (EAC) election process and other duties as needed.
- Schedules employee flu shots and annual blood drive, or other ACC special events.
- Types and prepares correspondence, memos, and reports as requested.
- Assists with the distribution of documents.
- Sorts, and distributes mail.
- Photocopies correspondence, memos, and reports.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2 years of administrative experience or training.
- 1 year of Human Resources experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The mission and organizational structure of the Catholic Church.
- Office procedures and business etiquette.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Access.
- Simple bookkeeping and record keeping methods and procedures.
- Typing speed sufficient to meet production requirements (minimum of 45 wpm).
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Phone and email etiquette
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain professional demeanor.
- Compose correspondence and summarize information independently.
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Sit or stand for sustained periods of time on a daily basis
- Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
- Movements consistent with the use of keyboard and office equipment
- Reaching, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling
- Office environment, exposure to light to medium volume of noise, lighting, cleaning products.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on our website at: http://archla.org/employmentpdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume to:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Position applying for, Location