Public Counsel is the largest pro bono public interest law firm in the country. Founded in 1970, it is dedicated to advancing equal justice under law and addressing economic, racial, and other inequities by delivering free legal and social services to the most vulnerable members of our community. Public Counsel operates eight legal projects: Children’s Rights, Community Development, Consumer Rights, Homelessness Prevention, Immigrants’ Rights, Veterans’ Rights, the Audrey Irmas Project for Women & Girls’ Rights, and our impact litigation project, Opportunity Under Law. Public Counsel has a full-time staff of over 120. We seek to have a racially inclusive staff.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the Gift Processor performs financial record keeping and biographical update activity to support the needs of the Development Department. The gift processor’s primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to updating and generating correspondence from the Raiser's Edge (RE) system.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple priorities and meet time sensitive deadlines, and will have the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as independently with self-direction. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be capable of maintaining cooperative relationships with coworkers and directors alike. The candidate must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality working with donor information. She/He should be highly motivated, detail oriented, and well organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate should also possess a high level of comfort with functional and technical job knowledge and skills. Specifically, prior experience working with Raiser’s Edge is required, and candidates must have advanced computer skills, including experience with Excel.
The job includes the following duties:
1. Gift Processing: data entry of all gifts, including by cash, check, credit card, gifts-in-kind, matching gifts, pledges and online transactions.
2. Data Processing: Process financial/biographical updates to records in Raiser’s Edge, create new records, and conduct research within the database and other systems operated by the Development Department.
3. Prepare receipts, scan documentation into the filing system, and log financial materials for tracking/documentation purposes.
4. Take Responsibility for data consistency to ensure data integrity.
5. Generate, edit and process gift acknowledgement, tribute or pledge reminder letters and other donor correspondence.
START DATE AND COMPENSATION
This position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with abilities and experience. Excellent benefits. APPLICATION DEADLINE Continuous until position is filled.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: (Use the words “Gift Processor” in the subject line) Tracy K. Rice Vice President, Development Email: email@example.com
No phone calls please
JOB LINK: http://www.publiccounsel.org/tools/assets/files/0940.pdf