The Assistant Vice President, Program Operations (AVP) leads a growing staff across multiple Chrysalis centers to provide clients with the resources and skills they need to get ready for, find, and keep a job. The AVP will work closely with the VP, Program Operations to maintain a consistently high standard of program delivery and outstanding client and staff experience across all sites. The AVP will oversee multiple Chrysalis program offices beginning with Santa Monica, San Fernando Valley, and Orange County; leading, training, and supporting staff to achieve program outcomes and working closely to ensure collaboration with all Chrysalis departments.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develop and Oversee Achievement of Programmatic Objectives & Strategic Initiatives
- Provide effective internal leadership and stewardship of Chrysalis programs, being actively involved in all programs and services.
- Align staff and all other resources to most efficiently and effectively achieve Chrysalis programmatic objectives.
- Support development of program policies, rules, protocols, handbooks, and forms for all program components.
- Take leadership role in migration to new case management database.
- Participate in organization-wide working groups, ensuring that the perspective of all staff members and sites is represented and considered.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership, develop annual outcome goals and budget and ensure staff meets or exceeds outcome targets.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of program reports, evaluations, and other data collection (quantitative & qualitative).
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including:
- Chrysalis Enterprises to ensure grant requirements are met and program delivery to the clients is consistent and seamless between the two departments.
- Development & Communications to respond to and comply with grants, identify and secure clients to be profiled/featured in publications and events, etc.
- External Relations to identify resources for clients and promote Chrysalis services to new clients, including representing Chrysalis at community meetings
Train, Mentor & Manage Staff to Deliver Exceptional Service to Clients and Colleagues
- Maintain a culture of performance management and continuous improvement, helping staff focus on both their individual clients as well as the site and agencys overall goals.
- Develop annual program plans and goals including objectives, strategies, and specific targets.
- Monitor client databases and other performance tracking tools, working closely with the Director of Program Data.
- Develop and foster a culture of engagement, innovation, support, transparency, and accountability.
- Work closely with full Client Services management, including mentoring other Site Directors, to deliver best-in-class staff meetings and trainings, in addition to consistent application of processes and programming.
- Develop comprehensive annual training program plan in collaboration with HR/training department to include case conferences, Client Services team trainings, and organization-wide initiative content.
- Manage staff to maintain electronic case management database (ServicePoint), updated in accurate and timely manner.
- Support staff in addressing client grievances in timely manner.
Contribute to Organization and Sector as Agency Leader
- Promote culture of collaboration and initiative supporting a positive work experience for all employees.
- Identify opportunities and proactively provide suggestions to refine and improve all aspects of program delivery, including those in support of goals outlined in the Chrysalis 5-Year Strategic Plan.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, attending meetings of the Program Committee.
- Play a leadership role in organization-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts.
- Deliver presentations on Chrysalis to variety of stakeholders, both as part of Chrysalis site visits and broader community meetings. Coordinate delivery of contractor programming, including on-site counseling and legal aid partners.
- Provide tours of the site and represents Chrysalis to area stakeholders. Build and maintain relationships with various partner agencies and service providers.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and support of volunteers, including providing support during Corporate Day of Service Events.
- Manage facility in partnership with administrative staff.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission, Vision and Values.
- Other duties as assigned.