APCH has an exciting opportunity for an individual with a high degree of energy with a passion to make a difference in the community. We are seeking those looking to take their next step in their career path while serving the community.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Finance Director, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining and managing all of the agency’s accounting functions.
Salary - $55,000 - $60,000
Founded in 1993, A Place Called Home (APCH) is a dynamic, non-profit youth and community providing a safe, nurturing environment with proven programs in arts, education and wellness for young people to help them improve their economic conditions and develop healthy, fulfilling and purposeful lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the accounting functions including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivables, fixed assets, depreciation schedule, prepaid schedules, financial statements, month end close, budget, annual audit, journal entries, and allocation of administrative overhead expenses.
• Processes Donor contributions including cash, checks, credit card, and EFT’s into the Agency’s operating and capital bank accounts.
• Responsible for bank, payroll, and benefits reconciliation.
For a full job description, please check out our website at: https://apch.org/about/employment/
The Senior Accountant must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. A Place Called Home is a learning organization and there is an expectation of continual growth and learning as a community.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting. Master’s degree a plus.
• 4 years’ experience as a lead accountant in a nonprofit organization, preferably with a budget of $3 million dollars or larger
• Knowledge of best practices in non-profit accounting
• 10-key proficiency
• Knowledge of GAAP for non-profit organizations
• Extensive knowledge of functional expense allocations
• MAC and PC literate
• Proficiency with The Financial Edge or other fund accounting software
• Familiarity with donor databases. Experience using Salesforce preferred
• Advanced level of Excel including vlookups and pivot tables
A Place Called Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy), gender expression, gender identity or sexual orientation, military and veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, A Place Called Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INCLUDING
All applicants must apply by submitting a pdf cover letter and resume to Human Resources and use “Senior Accountant” in the subject line.