EDN Staff Attorneys provide legal counsel, advice and representation to tenants facing eviction in Los Angeles County. Duties include: interviewing clients; assessing legal defenses, drafting responsive pleadings, motions, and trial briefs; representing tenants at trial with a heavy emphasis on jury trial, staffing legal clinic.
- Active membership in the State Bar of California
- 1-3 years
- Knowledge of landlord-tenant, housing law, rent control, and the eviction process preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the needs of low-income persons
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Ability to collaborate with other community agencies in the delivery of services
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, able to learn quickly
Salary COE, paid court holidays, vacation, bar dues, health insurance and Metro pass.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.