Reporting to the Senior Advancement Director, the Prospect Research Coordinator is responsible for independently and proactively conducting research to identify philanthropic prospects with the goal of expanding and diversifying the Harmony Project donor pool. The coordinator supports the entire Development team by providing information on major gift, corporate, and foundation prospects. This includes: assessing financial capacity, giving tendencies, and connections to Harmony Project as well as identifying and interpreting assets.
· Developing and implementing a prospect management plan with the Development team.
· Constructing prospect profiles and reporting on wealth ratings, philanthropic interests, biographical information, giving capacity estimates, etc.
· Updating database with research information and prospect tracking data.
· When appropriate, advise on solicitation strategies.
· Prospect management maintenance.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Experience in development prospect research
· Proficiency in Blackbaud’s ResearchPoint database and other wealth screening and research tools
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team when required
· Attention to detail