The ideal candidate will possess:
● 3-5 years previous experience in a similar position in the fields of youth development, music education and/or arts education administration.
● A personal mission, vision and values that align with Harmony Project’s
● A passion for social change, community empowerment and youth development
● A deep knowledge of music, and preferably a degree in music performance, education or administration
● Creativity, leadership and cooperation skills necessary to develop both a musical/artistic vision and sense of community at a site that has the buy-in of Teaching Artists, students, families and community partners
● Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with diverse stakeholders at every level of the organization
● Excellent organizational skills, the ability to smoothly juggle and prioritize multiple complex tasks, and to be able to responsibly delegate as needed to support staff.
● A strong sense of humor and ability to gracefully handle stressful and sometimes troubling situations
● Fluency in all Microsoft Office programs, prior experience using contact databases
● Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred but not required
● A driver’s license and proof of valid automobile insurance; flexible work schedule to include some weekends, weeknights, and holidays
The Program Manager is responsible for:
● Overseeing all group and individual lessons and ensemble rehearsals at their site
● All student administration at their site
● Organizing and producing end of semester concerts and juries
● Creating and overseeing annual budget for their site
● Ensuring that students and teachers at their site adhere to all of Harmony Project’s policies
● Communication with community and site partners
● Creating and organizing special programming for parents
● Being aware of extra-musical issues in the lives of the families they serve and referring students and families as needed to partner social service providers
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two current references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Manager as the subject line.