This position will oversee Service Desk operations and provide a first point of contact for all Technology problems and questions. This role ensures that the team is delivering great customer service, is meeting Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and is managing incident restoration. S/he/they will provide the leadership, guidance and assistance necessary to ensure that all user technology-related questions, concerns, and problems are followed-up in a timely and effective manner. This role will manage other members of the Technology team at Marketplace Productions and work closely with the Technology Manager to ensure that user expectations are met or exceeded.
- Supervise and coordinate with the service desk team members in their daily duties of attending to clients who come to make inquiries and facilitate good customer service culture.
- Hire, supervise, train, and manage direct staff through providing work direction, constructive performance coaching, mentorship, performance meetings, and on-going feedback.
- Foster a creative and productive work environment. Create development opportunities and individualized development plans for staff and training to enhance skills and foster growth.
- Evaluate and assess service delivery performance metrics and carry out survey on clients to weigh the level of service delivery in the company.
- Assist in developing/executing team strategy under their purview, making recommendations and providing input as needed. May execute department strategies.
- Keep record of daily operations at the desk for tracking of customer needs, services rendered and future reference.
- Create department standard operating procedures to be adhered to by team members to maintain good routine and orderliness.
- Delegate specific service desk responsibilities to team members to create specialization and increase service delivery pace.
- Review all client complaints, resolve technical support incidences, and liaise with appropriate departments to handle complex issues in a bid to provide more effective solutions.
- Observe service desk operation techniques to determine how effective they are and implement new techniques when old ones are ineffective.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations for PC and/or Mac upgrades in the capital budget and operating expenditures.
- Supervise and conduct the imaging, repair, replacement and proper disposal of personal computers and peripherals.
- Maintain accurate inventory of computer equipment and software, and related warranty and repair records.
- Ensure that all user issues are resolved within established guidelines and that users receive the highest level of service.
- Ensure that department methodologies, policies, and procedures are followed on all assigned IT Projects.
- Ensure overall technical Service Desk quality and integrity.
- Provide hands-on IT support for Marketplace Productions in Los Angeles and existing bureaus in New York, Washington D.C., China, London, and other remote locations.
- Participate in on-call rotation for the Marketplace IT team
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science, MIS; OR equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of supervisory experience managing help desk staff.
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on IT experience, including:
- At least 5 years of experience with local and remote desktop, laptop and printer support in a service desk and desk side support environment.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Windows server, Exchange and AD environments.
- At least 5 years of experience in a network support role with TCP/IP networking.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows 7 Professional and better, Office 2010 and better, and Mac OS 10 and better.
- Solid understanding and experience with PC and Macintosh hardware, software and peripherals.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS for troubleshooting purposes.
- Strong Active Directory, group policy, SMS and SCCM experience.
- Strong hands-on experience with imaging and other automation tools for Windows and Mac.
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to research problems independently using multiple resources and develop practical solutions.
- Interpersonal skills; active listening, ability to convey ideas, facts, and technical information, accurately, thoroughly in a manner easily understood by non-technical people. Patience to repeatedly instruct people on the steps to take to solve computer problems.
- Ability to be fully productive while working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent and efficient multitasking ability on multiple time-sensitive projects at any given time.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Open to learning and applying new technologies and skills to further develop while advancing the needs of the organization.
- Good written communication skills for everyday business communication and documentation.
- Ability to handle a changing flow of issues and information and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Must have a strong customer satisfaction / service focus.
- Ability to troubleshoot local and remote network, VPN, and Microsoft Remote Access connections from the network client side.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and protect security of company confidential information.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of fellow employees to achieve common goals.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior work experience supervising direct reports.
- Radio, content production, broadcast environment and/or IP-based audio experience.
- CCNA, CompTIA A+ / Network, MCSE or similar certifications.
Reporting To This Position: Technology Support Specialist
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some travel to remote bureaus / desks and St. Paul, MN will be required.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7/365 and work non-scheduled hours, with 24-hour transportation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Required to move about in the community.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to work outdoors at times.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.