Are you looking to use your Professional Communications and Marketing Skills for the greater good? Are you looking to contribute to solving the homelessness crisis? Does empathy and the drive to do good resonate with you personally? If so, then National Health Foundation has a position for you!
National Health Foundation (NHF) is seeking a highly motivated Communications Manager to help build the NHF brand through implementation of a strategic communications plan, with a focus on tracking news that is relevant to NHF’s work, developing messages for influencers and decision makers, and maintaining relationships with the right outlets to disseminate its messages. This is a great opportunity to touch every single aspect of Communications/Marketing, refining your knowledge and skills.
NHF is guided by a mission to improve the health of underserved communities by taking action on the social determinants of health. Our vision is that all people, regardless of who they are or where they live, can achieve their highest level of health.
What You'll Do
- Track related news locally and nationally and communicate highlights to staff
- Implement NHF’s strategic communication plan across the entire organization with direction from the senior leadership
- Provide support in message development, media relations and branding efforts to further NHF’s strategic direction
- Track NHF’s work and develop creative, innovative communications opportunities related to the programs
- Identify relevant national and local journalists, bloggers and other influencers
- Manage media relations activities, including identification of news opportunities and feature story ideas, writing news releases/media advisories, pitching to targeted media, responding to media calls, etc.
- Oversee production of collateral materials such as brochures, newsletters and special reports for various purposes and provide content for website and social media pages
- Provide communications support to fundraising activities
- Supervise outside service providers including graphic designers, freelance writers, photographers, video producers, among others
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree (Communications, Public Relations or related field)
- 3 or more years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations and/or media work with nonprofit organizations.
- Provision of own transportation; valid California driver’s license; automobile insurance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic communication plans, craft messages, and execute tactics.
- Ability anticipate needs and plan accordingly, coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of website, social media, and emerging media platforms.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to support organizational goals, structure, and dynamics.
- Ability to exemplify and promote flexibility and adaptability with programmatic and fiscal changes.
What You’ll Get
A collaborative, passionate team environment focused on serving the needs of our clients with dignity and respect. NHF is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance that is covered 100% by the organization for the employee, and 401(k).
About National Health Foundation
National Health Foundation is a nonprofit organization that works within communities to eliminate barriers to health, address the root causes of poor health, and advocate and empower under-resourced communities to find solutions that lead to lasting change. Embracing the guiding philosophy that health begins where we live, learn, work and play, the organization’s work focuses on four key areas: housing, food access, built environments and education. Visit us at http://www.nhfca.org/.
NHF is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Communications and Marketing Expierence: 3 years (Preferred)
- CA Drivers License (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave