The College Completion Advisor is responsible for supporting students in owning their college experience and ensuring that 70% of College Track students graduate with a bachelor's degree within six years. The ideal candidate is a motivated, hard-working individual with experience advising, influencing and managing first-generation college students.
Manage a caseload of college students to achieve the following:
- Student Transition Support: In collaboration with the College Completion Director, provide individualized support and create college transition plans for high school seniors to ensure students matriculate to college.
- Academic Achievement: Review student data consistently. Provide direct coaching and utilize motivational interviewing techniques to ensure students make behavioral changes that lead to health and success and ultimately, are on track to graduate. Whenever possible, refer students to appropriate non-College Track resources (e.g. financial aid office, mental health center, tutoring program, etc).
- College Affordability: Support students in graduating from college with manageable debt. Ensure students apply for and receive all available financial aid and scholarships.
- Future Opportunities: Serve as a resource to students by connecting them to career and leadership development opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
- 1-2 years of experience advising and supporting first-generation college students
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students. Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students and families
- Strong sense of possibility; approaches new challenges with optimism.
- Reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Travel to Southern California colleges in personal vehicle required. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.