KIND seeks a full-time Social Services Coordinator for its Los Angeles, CA field office, located in downtown Los Angeles. The Social Services Coordinator will be responsible for working with KIND’s child clients and their families to identify needs and gaps in services, and assist families in accessing services related to education, health, mental health, housing, mediation, and child care. The Social Services Coordinator will work with clients living in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties and may support clients living in additional geographical areas as needed. The ideal candidate will have experience working with and within immigrant communities in the U.S. and will have working knowledge of the challenges and limitations in accessing public services. In addition to strong linguistic competency and fluency in Spanish and/or other languages, the Social Services Coordinator will have a high level of intercultural responsiveness, sensitivity and awareness; and cross-cultural communication skills.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in social work, counseling, or related specialty required. MSW preferred.
Responsibilities of the Social Services Coordinator will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
1) Develop and maintain a knowledge base of social services available to clients in assigned work areas;
2) Develop relationships with community coalitions in areas of high client concentration;
3) Establish working relationships and partnerships with local service providers and administrators in each service area to enhance the referral process;
4) Conduct assessments of referred clients, including the larger context in which the child is living, identifying needs, barriers and safety concerns;
5) Maintain documentation regarding attempts to access services, and service delivery;
6) Complete referrals to services, assist families in completing intake requirements for these services and follow up as necessary;
7) Assist KIND legal staff on working with families in crisis and transition;
8) Work with other KIND Social Services Coordinators nationally to develop best practices, protocols, and provide training and support on relevant topics for KIND staff;
9) Conduct trainings to support pro bono attorneys;
10) Conduct trainings for to community social providers;
11) Work closely with other legal services providers, law firms, corporations, and law schools in the greater Los Angeles area to identify and support resource-sharing amongst these partner agencies.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Managing Attorney – Los Angeles office
Interns and volunteers
Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes phone and in person contact with clients.
This position may require some travel, but not regular travel.
Applications, including a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three professional references, should be submitted online at: https://supportkind.org/jobs/ Applications that do not contain all of the above-listed required materials will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no inquiries or phone calls.
KIND is an EOE committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in both its staff and work. The selected applicant will be asked to undergo a background check before acceptance of the final offer.