KIND seeks a full-time Program Assistant for its Los Angeles field office to accept case referrals, conduct comprehensive intakes and outreach to child clients, manage data entry, prepare a comprehensive set of case documentation, and to be responsible for the overall administrative duties of the office, including database management. The staff member will have but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
1) Liaise with colleagues at other nonprofits, as well as individual members of the public, to receive on-line or telephonic referrals and ensure that referrals comply with KIND’s case acceptance criteria;
2) Schedule and manage all logistics to ensure that an intake interview is timely scheduled;
3) Interview, screen and conduct a comprehensive intake with each individual child;
4) Prepare a case summary and comprehensive memorandum for each intake, and assemble a set of case documents for use by the KIND Staff and Pro Bono Attorneys;
5) Prepare and manage docket lists for upcoming court dates as well as assist and notify children who are still waiting for placement with counsel; and
6) Assist with office administration and operations, case management, and data entry.
<span "text-decoration:="" underline"=""> Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate
1) Fluency in Spanish required;
2) Experience working with children, preferably immigrant and refugee children, or experience working with survivors of abuse, human trafficking, or other trauma;
3) Experience conducting screening and intake interviews;
4) Experience with office organization and management, particularly in legal service settings;
5) A strong record of cultural competence and cross-cultural communication skills;
6) Ability to work collaboratively, and preferably, prior experience working with attorneys, law firms, or other legal service providers;
7) Experience in data management;
8) Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; and
9) Experience or familiarity with immigration and/or family law and procedure and immigration authorities.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, salary range requirements, writing sample, and three (3) references
Applications that do not contain all of the above-listed required materials will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no inquiries or phone calls.
KIND is an EOE committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in both its staff and work.
The selected applicant will be asked to undergo a background check before acceptance of the final offer.