Jul 08, 2019
United States Veterans Initiative Inc.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Administration / Clerical
Legal Aid and Advocacy
- Provide high-level administrative support to Vice President, Development & Communications and development division.
- Serve as initial point of contact for internal and external constituents, ranging from U.S.VETS staff, partners, supporters and media, to veterans and clients across the country; respond to inquiries, calls and emails.
- Expedite flow of work through VP’s office by proactively scheduling and managing calendar, prioritizing correspondence, maintaining deadlines, and facilitating communications with staff, Board and donors.
- Effectively liaise with U.S.VETS Senior Staff, Executive Directors, Board of Directors, Advisory Boards and donors, maintain positive working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Actively coordinate and manage VP’s highly scheduled, and frequently changing calendar of calls, meetings, tours, and visits nationally.
- Coordinate development division activities including team calls, meetings, roundtables, conferences with regular participants in various offices and time zones.
- Manage meeting planning, communicate with participants, ensure timely response, confirmation and coordination; reserve facilities, develop agendas, track attendance, coordinate supplies, set up, A/V and associated needs.
- Prepare and/or disseminate meeting materials, reports, presentations, press kits.
- Attend and record meetings, generate minutes, support dissemination of follow up and action items to staff.
- Generate correspondence and acknowledgments, support execution of stewardship activities.
- Enter Raiser’s Edge record updates for tours, meetings, calls, stewardship and other related actions.
- Division administration including travel and expense reports, credit card reconciliation and coding; order supplies, maintain development inventory.
- Provide front desk support; answer phone, direct calls and take messages; greet visitors, route to staff; direct and connect potential clients to nearest sites for intake, record contacts.
- Distribute daily mail; arrange for shipments for development department as needed.
- Perform duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years experience, particularly supporting executive leadership.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office, database, administration skills; meeting and project coordination experience, including frequent tele- and video-conferences across regions.
- Must be a self-starter, organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and collaborative, ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, supporters and community members.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Title / Level of Responsibility
Coordinator, Entry Level