Jul 08, 2019
United States Veterans Initiative Inc.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Legal Aid and Advocacy
- Coordinates a comprehensive annual fund program designed to broaden U.S.VETS’ donor base and increase financial support for U.S.VETS’ site and national operations, including producing national and site-specific direct mail appeals. Analyzes data regarding annual giving programs and past giving trends to provide analyses of program results and plan for future solicitation.
- Writes proposals and develops presentations and collateral for individual and corporate prospect and donor outreach, annual giving appeals, and other solicitations.
- Coordinates annual giving, including tracking donor acquisition and renewals, assisting with stewardship activities; supports regional staff in expanding local annual giving programs.
- Conducts proactive outreach to current, lapsed and prospective donors as assigned.
- Identifies and engages new individual and corporate prospects through research and direct outreach.
- Supports development of corporate engagement program targeting local businesses, including collateral and recognition program development and execution.
- Implements plans to increase the percentage of donors who take advantage of corporate matching gift programs.
- Maintains relevant information on prospects and donors including deadlines, contact information, next and last steps and relevant details in U.S.VETS’ constituent management system.
- Manages all relevant stewardship touchpoints, including implementing recognition benefits for campaign supporters.
- Works with communications team to develop print and digital appeals, solicitations, brochures, campaign promotional materials.
- Support the VP of Development & Communications in prioritizing capital campaign action items, including tracking key deliverables and ushering deliverables through various departments in the organization.
- Oversees project timelines for capital campaigns including donor communications and collateral development.
- Conducts research and prepares materials for donor meetings, including drafting solicitation copy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising, annual fund, business development, membership or alumni management.
- Demonstrated success in soliciting and acquiring gifts and managing philanthropic partnerships in a non-profit setting.
- Excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work in a deadline driven environment and manage complex projects while maintaining attention to detail.
- Comfort working independently and as a team.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and fundraising management software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with numbers and financial information and the ability to create reports and spreadsheets using information from the database.
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing development program, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Title / Level of Responsibility
Coordinator, Entry Level