Jul 08, 2019
Boys & Girls Club of America
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Senior Management - Director
Oversees Club operations and programs with primary concern for program development and implementation; staff development; supervision of assigned staff; facilities; and budget management.
- Oversee the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, services and activities that facilitate achievement of Youth Development Outcomes; ensure outcome measurement and data analysis to improve quality of Club operations.
- Oversee identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness based on participation and achievement of stated goals; recommend modifications to improve program performance, as appropriate.
- Coordinate agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
- Manage administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment and other facilities.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
- Plan and implement a staff development and training program, to include a focus on Club and child safety.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
- Support board committees, as assigned.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Participate in activities to maintain public trust in Club programs, services and activities.
- May assist in the administration of restricted programs by overseeing program operations at each location; ensure the completion of required reports; and prepare any required interagency reports.
- May be responsible for managing human resources programs and systems including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of five years work experience in nonprofit operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; and the principles and practices of nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, ability to recruit and retain key personnel; oversee facilities management; and manage budgets
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and develop solutions with limited supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, board members, community groups, and other related agencies
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Title / Level of Responsibility