Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, Equality California and Equality California Institute seek a full-time Administrative Associate or Manager to assist with ensuring effective and professional day-to-day infrastructure operations and provide support in finance, human resources, technology and general administration.
o Maintain the organization’s donor database (Salesforce, Blue State Digital), prepare analysis and generate reports for departments as needed.
o Assist with daily financial operations of the organization and provide administrative support to accounting including preparations for the annual audit.
o Assist with payroll, health insurance benefits and 401K plan administration working with third-party providers.
o Oversee the maintenance of a positive and healthy office culture including regular team building activities for staff.
o Work with the organization’s external IT consultant to coordinate information systems, IT platforms and applications, and telecommunications to support staff, streamline processes and ensure data security.
o Assist staff with day-to-day troubleshooting.
o Plan and implement software upgrades and hardware purchases.
o Oversee office management including the procurement of supplies and equipment, maintenance of the organization’s email platform and phone messaging system, and liaison with building management as needed.
o Support the administration of the Board of Directors including preparation of materials, scheduling meetings and tracking member information.
o Provide administrative support to staff and take on additional assignments/special projects as determined by organizational needs.
1. Commitment to addressing issues impacting the LGBTQ community as well as advancing equality and social justice.
2. Strong proficiency in Salesforce and MS Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint); high computer literacy required. Experience with Blue State Digital and QuickBooks preferred.
3. Bachelor’s Degree. A minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
4. Working knowledge of finance procedures and strong analytical skills preferred.
5. Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people inside and outside the organization.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary will be based on experience and includes competitive benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, long/short term disability, life insurance and 401K). This full-time position will be based at the Los Angeles headquarters and may require evening and weekend work time on occasion. Having a car is a plus.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, people of diverse gender identities, LGBTQ and non-LGBTQ persons to apply.
Email resume (including names and contact of three references), cover letter and salary requirements to Valecia Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to put “Administrative Associate/Manager” in the subject line of your email.