The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Manager, Mobile Museum for our Education & Programs department. As part of the Education & Programs Division, the Manager, Mobile Museum will oversee the Museum’s Mobile Museum Program for students and educators. Specific responsibilities include implementation of teacher and student focused experiences for schools within Los Angeles County using the Museum’s outreach vehicles and other in-class mobile museum programs.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manages Mobile Museum (MM) Program including budget, program design, vehicles, booking, scheduling and FT coordinators, educators and Class A Drivers.
- Establishes measurable outcome goals for MM programs in collaboration with Education Department leadership and Evaluation Department staff and to ensure internal and funder goals are met.
- Plans and manages growth of the MM Program, in partnership with Senior Manager, Education Outreach, including programs, tours and workshops. Oversees and evaluates teacher resources related to the MM, including curriculum and booking forms.
- Designs or identifies additional resources for MM program projects, curriculum development and revisions as well as instructor professional development.
- Collaborates with the relevant departments to ensure alignment of school focused content and curriculum with programs offered through the Mobile Museum Program.
- Assists with internal reports as well as those needed by the Advancement Division in order to meet the requirements for the Gluck Foundation.
- Establishes and maintains communication with schools related to MM and its offerings and receiving input from such groups on teacher and school needs related to these same programs. Serves as a liaison for education funders and school systems on behalf of the Gluck Outreach Program.
This position has the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Biological Science History, Anthropology or related field required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Three years of project management experience with education programs. Prior museum, community or comparable experience at successively higher levels of responsibility preferred. Demonstrated success delivering school focused programs highly desirable.
- Experience in project management.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Must be extremely organized and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines. Must be able to work efficiently and manage multiple projects at once, which may be at different stages of design and execution. Has the ability to effectively manage extensive volumes of material in a systematic fashion.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is especially interested in candidates whose background and experience have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion at culturally diverse audiences in museum and in sciences.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a full time regular, exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Interested candidates please visit www.nhm.org/jobs and click the link of the position for which you are interested or go directly to the online application.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. for any application inquiries.