Color Of Change seeks an entrepreneurial-minded Sr. Development Database Manager in Oakland who will be charged with building a new best-in-class database infrastructure; developing internal policies and protocols and ensuring the highest level of team fidelity. The right candidate will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle competing priorities. The Sr. Development Database Manager will begin the role by assessing the organization's current tools within the first 30 -days. You will be asked and be charged with developing more effective policies and procedures within the first 90days. This role will oversee all database/CRM maintenance, data analysis, reporting, cleaning, and requests for information across COC’s three organizational entities: 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and PAC.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Development and will work closely with the Director of Individual Giving and Director of Institutional Partnerships to support the team’s infrastructure. In addition, this role has one full-time direct report: Development Coordinator.
- Oversee all functions of database management including data and gift entry, volunteer management, clean up and reporting.
- Oversee all gift efforts by developing, maintaining, and updating information on new and existing donor prospects.
- Routinely examine and clean current data records to ensure data accuracy to eliminate duplicate records, inconsistent data to maintain overall database integrity and accuracy of data imported into the database.
- Process contributions received through all giving mechanisms and disseminate information to Development and Finance teams.
- Create and manage department dashboard for analysis, tracking metrics, fundraising and financial reporting.
- Identify data that is to be captured and recorded in database and assist the Director of Institutional Partnerships and Director of Individual Giving in determining the best structure.
- Develop MS Excel spreadsheets tools to manipulate data where database tools are insufficient.
- Interacts with all necessary departments (particularly Finance) to analyze and gather report requirements for generating criteria and output.
- Commitment to develop and maintain internal policies and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of the database.
- Create and maintain standard queries and reports while working cross-functionally to report revenue and inform protocols related to gift processing.
- Work with Finance and Development team to reconcile projected revenue with actuals.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- A Relationship Builder. You are genuinely committed to being effective versus being right, and possess strong listening skills. You like learning what motivates people, what inspires their generosity, and makes them feel appreciated. You have the ability to initiate, organize and manage projects and to interface successfully with colleagues in a collaborative approach.
- Persistent and Optimistic. You are intrinsically motivated and undaunted by ambitious goals. You have the creativity and tenacity to find your way around a “no” answer to a more productive “not right now,” “maybe,” or,best yet, “yes.”
- Exceptional in Written Communication and Quantitative Analysis. Demonstrated ability to design and implement systems for tracking and reporting revenue deemed invaluable and user-friendly by fundraisers and senior leaders to track progress against goals.
- Your working style is about creating order and planning ahead. You are a strategic thinker who always has their end goal in sight. You are a skilled project manager and keep yourself and others on your team on track within timelines.
- An Organizational Maven. You can manage across multiple work streams and functions, keeping deadlines and managing complexity by simplifying solutions, systems, and processes with clarity and attention to detail. You have an ability to efficiently initiate and complete multiple tasks on time.
- Adaptable and Flexible. You can handle any curveball, and in fact, you expect them. You can meet deadlines and manage competing priorities. Additionally, you are strategic and have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape. You can and are willing to travel 15% of the time between offices.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
In this role and organization, strategic thinking and adaptability are paramount. While experience in a similar role in the civil rights sector is not required, a commitment to civil rights and racial justice is. A qualified candidate should have:
- Ideally 10+ years of professional experience with demonstrated database/CRM management experience.
- Talent manager with at least 4+ years of experience directly managing staff .
- Successful track record designing and implementing systems, and training staff on database protocol.
- Proficiency with financial statements and/or experience working with generally accepted principles of finance and accounting.
- Strong quantitative data and analytical skills, with an ability to manage and analyze large data sets
- A desire to use and analyze data in creative ways to drive and measure results.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Keynote, and Google Docs.
- Deep commitment to and understanding of current social justice issues that intersect race, media, economics, criminal justice, gender, and climate justice.
- Experience working within a structured and effective Development department and ability to bring an entrepreneurial approach both to their career path and development work.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the "Apply for this position" link below and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
The salary for the Sr. Development Database Manager position is $80,000. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.