This position is listed with a location of Los Angeles, where the National Trust currently has a field office, but offers flexibility for location anywhere within California.
Director of California Main Street Program (50%)
- Strategically coordinates and/or delivers community technical assistance (in community visits and webinars) to California Main Street members
- Ensures smooth delivery of member benefits to California Main Street member communities, including coordinating annual workshops for CAMSA members.
- Serves as a clearinghouse on state information (public and private) on downtown revitalization, economic development, and related subjects.
- Working collaboratively with NMSC staff and consultants, supports fundraising efforts in California.
- Oversees outreach and recruitment efforts to build membership base among California communities.
- Directs application process to select and designate local Main Street organizations for participation in the statewide program.
- In partnership with other NMSC staff, coordinates a state conference (estimated to be launched in 2020)
- Serves as liaison with CAMSA board, and state and federal agencies as well as other organizational partners
- Works collaboratively with NMSC Management Team to grow and strengthen the California program.
- Manage and monitor California program budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Senior Program Officer (50%)
- Provides direct technical assistance (consulting, training, materials, conference presentations) to local revitalization organizations, and state and national organizations. This can consist of on-site work and/or webinars. Content areas include the base areas of commercial district revitalization (resource development, board and organizational training, workplanning), as well as core Main Street Refresh services that align revitalization activities with market understanding.
- Working with the Vice President of Revitalization Programs develops and delivers specialized technical assistance based on Senior Program Officer’s areas of expertise.
- Manages all aspects of technical services contract management and service delivery for clients, in addition to single-service delivery to other clients as needed.
- Through internal and external communications, speeches and related work, serves as a representative of NMSC to high-level contacts in the public and private sectors on commercial revitalization issues, including: elected and appointed officials; local and state government; leaders in preservation and commercial district revitalization; corporations and foundations; and representatives of the media.
- Achieves annual budget goals through management and delivery of technical services to clients.
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Revitalization Programs and in partnership with the Field Services team, collaborates on the development of new services to ensure NMSC remains relevant in the marketplace and actively addresses the commercial revitalization needs of downtowns and neighborhood commercial districts.
- As time permits, supports other areas of the Center’s work, including presenting and producing content for Main Street Now Conference, State of Main, Main Street America Institute, and Main Street News.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 10 years of professional level experience, including experience with budgeting, staffing, program management and leading teams to generate high quality results.
- Experience with Main Street required, especially with the Main Street Approach.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Advanced project-management, team-management and client-management skills. Ability to achieve results with limited supervision.
- Experience managing key internal and external stakeholders and relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders. Public contact and ability to work successfully in close proximity to others required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment. Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions required. Able to handle frequently changing and/or unscheduled tasks with accuracy.
- Demonstrated success in marketing to and engaging culturally diverse audiences and partners. Memberships or connections within culturally diverse professional, social or community affinity groups preferred. Bi-lingual language skills (especially English/Spanish) a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with other software, including ESRI and ArcGIS a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Frequent travel required.
Please email cover letter and resume to 1075461-CSemail@example.com.