Human Resources Strategy Development: Recommends and maintains organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish the foundation's goals and objectives. Creates a strategic training and organizational development plan to meet the foundation's needs, as well as employees' personal and professional goals. Oversees the design and development of the foundation's compensation strategy and programs and recommends improvements to the benefits program to facilitate employee retention. Evaluates the gaps between the foundation's human resources culture and its goals and objectives and provides recommendations as necessary.
- Compliance: Stay appraised of state and federal employment law updates and best practices. Reviews and recommends revisions to current CCF policies and practices as necessary with respect to changing federal and/or state requirements. Advises leadership, trains managers and employees and audits practices to maintain compliance.
- Recruitment: Assists management and leadership with assessment of department staffing requirements and qualifications. Researches and recommends media to advertise employment opportunities with the foundation. Screens and routes resumes as appropriate. Participates in and facilitates interview process in conjunction with managers and other necessary personnel. Oversees background and reference checks. Debriefs with hiring manager after interview process in order to help match candidates, position requirements and expectations.
- Benefits: Oversees the administration of all benefit programs, including enrollment and termination of employees and dependents for all health and insurance benefits, retirement plan and all other benefits provided by CCF. Processes invoices and monitors invoice payment. Provides updates to EDD.
Facilitates the process of reviewing, benchmarking and selecting health insurance carriers' proposals before open enrollment in conjunction with the leadership team. Oversees and coordinates benefits annual enrollment. Coordinates materials related to medical and other benefits’ open enrollment.
Manages leave of absence process in compliance with CCF policy, federal and state laws. In conjunction with Finance, reviews and maintains retirement plans and benefits. Serves as member of the staff committee of the retirement plans.
- Payroll: Oversees the administration of time and attendance and compliance with federal and state regulations. Ensures that non-exempt staff is compensated according to wage and hour laws through monitoring of attendance reports. Responds to requests for information from management. Monitors work of and guides HR Assistant with updates to time and attendance using web-based tracking system.
- Training and Organizational Development: Designs training opportunities that enable employees, at all levels, to develop skills and competence needed to be successful in their chosen careers or prepare for new responsibilities by participating in a variety of developmental programs. Researches and recommends internal programs, vendors, and technology platforms able to provide training, required classes or developmental optional opportunities. Creates and maintains general calendar and internal communication systems that track attendance to required classes and promotes awareness of optional programs.
- Compensation and Performance Evaluation Program: Assists the leadership and management by providing and analyzing current market data. Administers compensation plan in compliance with foundation, state and federal guidelines. Researches and provides efficient and updated employee evaluation tools. Provides performance evaluation training to new managers and refresher courses to all managers as needed. Oversees and coordinates the annual performance evaluation process.
- Employee Onboarding: Reviews and revises employee orientation process as needed. Conducts new employee orientations. Oversees the maintenance and archiving of employee and payroll records.
- Separations: Oversees separation process for exiting staff. Conducts exit interviews. Coordinates final payroll check with Finance department. Maintains COBRA compliance and administers unemployment claims with state.
- Employee Relations and Performance Management: Assists management, leadership and employees with employee relations issues. Investigates and recommends resolution to employee complaints/concerns. Assists managers with employee performance concerns, including recommendations for training, improvement plans and timelines. Maintains legal compliance with state and federal rules and regulations. Maintains consistency in application of company policies and procedures.
- Safety:Administers Workers’ Compensation program. Maintains and revises CCF’s safety and wellbeing program, comprised of the illness and injury prevention program, emergency operations plan and business continuity plan.
- Reporting: Maintains records and complies with various federal and/or state reporting requirements or requests in conjunction with necessary staff or entities, including OSHA reporting, state requests, audits, legal responses, etc. Organizes, maintains and ensures security of paper and electronic personnel, recruitment and benefits files. Provides verifications of employment according to CCF policy.
- Department Oversight: Creates budgets and timelines for projects and manages workflow. Cultivates and supervises a strong staff. Evaluates staff and department performance. Approves and processes department invoices.
- Leadership: Serves as a member of the foundation’s COO Team, attends management team meetings, completes assignments as required and coordinates work between departments and with external vendors, as necessary. Identifies and pursues opportunities for internal integration of work across functions and departments to make connections and leverage the strengths and efforts of CCF.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience: Minimum of seven years in a senior-level HR position. Experience in development, and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs. Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Knowledge of computerized payroll, timekeeping, and HR information systems. Excellent knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations. Demonstrated skills in planning, management and staff development and supervision. Successful managerial experience in leading a diverse team and mentoring/coaching staff.
- Education: Master’s degree in human resources, human resources certifications, or equivalent experience is required.
- Communication Skills: Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write clear, comprehensive procedures and instructions and to clearly and concisely explain policies and procedures. Ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling confidential information and/or sensitive material and situations. Excellent customer service skills.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Effective training and development capabilities.
- Technology Skills: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and experience with payroll, HRIS, benefits and time management systems required. Working knowledge of Blackbaud software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to respond to multiple and competing demands.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as part of a team. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team toward CCF's goals, leveraging each team member's skill set.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- This position is required to be available via telephone at all times for work-related emergencies by other Foundation staff, building staff or emergency personnel within the Pacific time zone.
- Occasional work on weekends and/or extended work day may be required.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential to the success of this position.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and we make employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, age or any other protected status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.