Under the direction of the E6 Team Lead, the Outreach Case Manager works directly with program participants and develops, arranges and coordinates treatment services. The Outreach Case Manager provides linkage to permanent, affordable housing service for homeless individuals who meet the criteria to available Homeless Health Care Los Angeles Housing Subsidized Programs. The Outreach Case Manager also works to improve the health of homeless individuals by assisting with the provision of stable housing, development of a comprehensive treatment plan and facilitating linkages to medical care, mental health care, alcohol/substance use treatment, housing retention and other supportive services.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts comprehensive assessments (CES surveys, ASAM/ASI, vulnerability index tools etc.) to determine appropriate housing options, case management and other supportive service needs.
- Conducts on-going quarterly needs and financial assessments to identify client’s continued housing, supportive service needs and barriers to securing/maintaining permanent supportive housing.
- Develops individualized case plans with measurable goals and objectives to assist participants in achieving their desired outcomes.
- Develops and networks with representatives in other agencies/community based agencies to support individuals in attaining services such as housing, mental health care, medical treatment, financial assistance, legal advocacy, etc.
- Networks and collaborates with community based organizations to obtain referrals and ensure contractual capacity is met.
- Responsible for networking, collaborating and assisting participants in locating and obtaining housing in an expedient manner in line with the Housing First Model.
- Develops on-going housing stock inventory (i.e. Property Management, private landlords, Realtors) for program and agency needs to assist all clients in obtaining permanent supportive housing.
- Assists the Housing Director with integrating housing services across the agency and works on multiply housing projects as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly