Jul 01, 2019
Girls Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Marketing / PR
The Customer Care Specialist is the first point of contact for inquiries of all types (phone, web, email or in person), and is responsible for providing the highest level of service to all members, both external and internal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a high level of professional, knowledgeable and consistent customer service and support for customer facing interactions and for a high volume of phone and email cases.
- Using problem solving, conflict resolution and active listening skills, clarifies desired information or issues to resolve case promptly, professionally and compassionately.
- Utilizes, maintains and manages customer care case queue in Salesforce, a customer relationship management database, through data entry of information accurately and efficiently. With high level Salesforce access, assists customers with membership registration and technical issues, completing transfers, researching and resolving issues and updating information in the database.
- Provides assistance to customers for a number of other database systems including Personify, Ebudde and Digital Order Card.
- Manages, tracks and prepares bank letters to troops requesting bank account set up or changing signers including verifying qualification of troop signers.
- Manages and submits requests:
- To insurance company for additional activity insurance for troops and service units.
- To background screening company for links for specialized background screening checks following up with manual entry into Salesforce.
- Manages various office duties such as office supply inventory including ordering supplies, receipting of payments and assisting the site manager with various office tasks.
- Assists with administrative support to other departments including distribution of materials and reservation/rental of resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skill, Experience and Education
Skill, Experience & Education
- Strong Oral and Written Communication abilities (in person, verbal, written, phone, other electronic media) – Expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner; active listening skills to gain understanding of what others are saying; demonstrates ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues. Bi-lingual skills is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in providing prompt and excellent customer service in person, via phone, in writing, and through electronic media providing high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized and problem solve with great attention to detail.
- Experience using customer support software and a CRM -- preferably Salesforce.
- A love of solving problems, learning new things and making customers happy.
- High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- Regular and prompt attendance required.
Additional Organizational Requirements
- Subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement.
- Possess a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to thrive in an ever changing/fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee diversity in the work place.
- Behave in ways that demonstrate respectful treatment of other employees, volunteers and girls.
- Practice pluralism and be inclusive with the services provided.
- Valid CA driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and proof of insurance
The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The environment for this position is mostly clean and comfortable but may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. In the course of performing this work, the incumbent:
- Will spend time sitting, utilizing the computer.
- Will spend time standing/walking throughout the facilities.
- Must travel via personal vehicle or public transport to various facilities throughout the region.
- May lift up to 15 lbs. periodically. If more, the incumbent must request assistance.
- The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Title / Level of Responsibility