Articulating the strength of our brand is critical to our continued success as the largest serving girl organization in Greater Los Angeles. The power of the Girl Scout Movement is often blurred due to historic misconceptions. This position is for a highly motivated individual with experience in shifting brand perception, who will thrive creatively by sharing our powerful girl stories. The Marketing Specialist (Brand Management) is a full-time employee of the Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles (GSGLA) and reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Advocacy. The specialist will play a key role in building the GSGLA brand, and increasing the awareness and visibility of GSGLA among the general public and GSGLA external constituents. He/she is responsible for managing, shaping, and improving the perception of the GSGLA brand and mission through the strategic execution of marketing campaigns, and strategic partnerships and sponsorships.
In collaboration with the marketing and communications team, this function includes but is not limited to the following: building brand awareness, expanding our visibility in membership target markets, and fundraising efforts and signature events that inspire prospects and donors to support GSGLA with their time, talent, and treasure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Brand Marketing Campaigns:
- Proactively manage innovation across external marketing and advertising vehicles and provide competitive insight into our branding strategies. Analyze and recommend potential new products/vehicles to enhance the marketing/communications work of the organization.
- Actively work to build a broad understanding of Girl Scouts on both a local and national level. Understand and interpret how the program benefits girls and women in the community and address this knowledge in marketing and advertising efforts.
- Work closely with the Director to help define the vision for the GSGLA brand, ensuring brand consistency across all channels, and platforms.
- Work closely with the Director to develop a comprehensive suite of externally focused marketing and messaging materials, providing creative direction and communicating a compelling brand position.
- Partner with key members of the Marketing & Communications team to ensure integration of brand marketing, PR, digital, email, social media and content strategies and initiatives that drive brand visibility and loyalty
Partnerships & Sponsorships:
- Manage and execute annual strategic marketing plan and goals for GSGLA to reach appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals. Evaluate the success of various strategies and provide and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Support the management of strategic partnerships, including corporate partnerships, event sponsorships and cause marketing partnerships
- Provide direction on the production of signature events ranging in scale from intimate prospect events to large-scale fundraising events, including: programming and content, and all-related marketing collateral
- Provide courteous, consistent, professional and knowledgeable customer service to external constituents
- Develop, manage, and produce materials to create a cohesive image and message for externally facing vehicles, including, but not limited to the following:
- Extensive Out-Of-House marketing campaigns
- Council magazine
- Recruitment and outreach collateral
- Annual Report
- Create and edit marketing and promotional materials according to specific organizational/departmental needs and requirements
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Advocacy.