The Marketing & Graphic Design Specialist is a full-time employee of the Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles (GSGLA) and reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Advocacy. This individual is responsible for the design and creation of GSGLA marketing and branded collateral and works closely with all internal customers including staff focused on the mission-driven work of our Movement. In collaboration with the Mission Delivery teams (product programs and retail, outreach, recruitment, volunteer and troop support, and program teams) build awareness of and increase attendance in council activities.
The Marketing and Design Specialist (Constituents) maintains Girl Scouts’ national brand integrity in all GSGLA materials in order to strategically position the organization as the preeminent organization for girls and young women grades K-12 across all platforms. S/he is responsible for consistent and cohesive design that seamlessly aligns our marketing and communications materials for our 65,000 members residing in the communities of Los Angeles County and portions of Kern County, San Bernardino County and Ventura County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plan, create, implement and track girl and volunteer-focused campaigns that encourage girl and volunteer participation in council activities that are mission-focused and promote the positive girl-led, girl-focused Girl Scouts Leadership Experience. This includes campaign in areas such as:
- Cookie program (nationally recognized as largest Girl-Led Entrepreneurial Business in the country)
- Fall product program (national sales program of nuts, magazines, etc.)
- Council-led programming in Leadership, STE(A)M, Life Skills, and Outdoors Programs
- Membership Retention of girls and volunteers (volunteer and parent focused communications and incentives)
- Council events (a variety of mid to large scale special events for various audiences including girls, troops, and volunteers)
- Management, production, and delivery of GSGLA collateral, including but not limited to: Full design, layout, and imagery ownership of GSGLA collateral produced for our 65,000 members. Collateral to include, but not limited to:
- Program guides
- Program and event brochures, postcards, posters, fliers
- Merchandise, branded products
- Council event invitations, posters, signage
- Branded logos and patches
- Work closely with the Director to help define the vision for the GSGLA constituent materials, ensuring consistent alignment with all brand materials
- Work closely with the Director to develop GSGLA materials, provid creative direction and communicating a compelling brand position
- Partner with key members of the Marketing & Communications team to ensure integration of digital, email, social media and content strategies and initiatives
- Provide courteous, consistent, professional and knowledgeable customer service to internal constituents.
- Assist with external marketing, branding and advertising projects, as directed by the Marketing Director
- Provide web content and management support to Communications Specialists
- Other duties as assigned