To celebrate our 30th anniversary and to address the growing needs of the community we serve, Project Angel Food is preparing to launch a $5 million fundraising campaign designed to expand our capacity and ensure we can meet the demands of current and future clients.
We are seeking an experienced full-time Campaign Consultant to create and implement a strategic development plan for this campaign, expanding and diversifying our funding stream and successfully meeting the goals of this campaign.
This is a one-year renewable contract position with reappointment contingent upon successfully meeting mutually-agreed upon goals, with a 30-day termination clause that can be initiated by either party.
This position will report to Richard Ayoub, Project Angel Food’s executive director, and work closely with the organization’s existing development staff and board of directors.
- Strong, demonstrable track-record leading successful fundraising campaigns
- Experience with Capital Campaigns
- Deep understanding and demonstrable relationships in the Los Angeles philanthropic community
- Deep understanding of the organization’s client population
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Proficiency in CRM software (Salesforce, Blackbaud, etc)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings or weekends as required
In collaboration with the executive director and board of directors, primarily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy and timeline to fulfill the campaign fundraising goals;
- Develop relevant campaign messaging and collateral materials;
- Build relationships with high net worth individuals, charitable trusts, foundations and corporations to secure funding support;
- Personally solicit prospects for campaign contributions;
- Work with the Project Angel Food development staff to ensure ongoing operating support is not hindered by campaign goals and activities;
- Prepare monthly reports and give periodic presentations on fundraising strategy/ progress; and,
- Actively participate in staff and board meetings as needed.
Please submit cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to Richard Ayoub, Executive Director, Project Angel Food, at email@example.com.