Jun 30, 2019
Project Angel Food
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Foodbanks and Nutrition
Director of Programs
New opportunity for community-health-focused individual with Master’s Degree (MSW preferred) and management experience. Bilingual Spanish a plus. Will supervise client intake and outreach efforts for community-based provider of food and nutrition to seriously ill individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Client Services and Outreach staffs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures necessary in the day-to-day operations of the Client Services Department.
- Represent Project Angel Food at local funding agencies, community meetings and events, and speaking engagements.
- Monitor agency meal delivery contracts and prepare monthly and quarterly compliance reports as required.
- Maintain collaborative efforts and oversee outreach efforts with hospitals, health clinics, social service agencies and other community resources to implement and monitor a system of referrals to Project Angel Food.
- With the Director of Programs, serve as staff liaison to the Program Committee and Client Advisory Board.
- Work closely with Project Angel Food Programs and Operations departments to maintain compliance with Project Angel Food’s quality assurance plan.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Director of Programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and knowledge of general disease conditions in populations.
- Experience working with diverse populations that make up the LA County community.
- Sensitivity to the circumstances and needs of people affected by hunger and illness.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to formulate procedures and implement agency policy.
- Reliable transportation, valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance are required.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Education and Experience:
- MSW Degree
- Minimum two (2) year management experience in the non-profit sector.
- $55,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience.
Terms and Benefits:
- Exempt position
- Employer provided health and life insurance
- Optional dental and vision insurance, credit union, 403(b) plan
- Paid vacation and sick time.
Title / Level of Responsibility