Under the direction of the President/CEO, the Public Relations Coordinator will assist LAX Coastal Chamber staff with internal and external communications. This individual will follow through with and implement the policies, procedures, and standards established by the Board of Directors of the LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce.
At its most basic level, this position is concerned with the achievement of effective and successful management and maintenance of Chamber activities and the Chamber facility. Furthermore, the position will entail the completion of projects, such the planning and implementation of a digital “Member Pride” campaign, member communications, press/media releases, website management, social media, public relations, answering phones and handling inquiries, opening and closing the office for clients, and other duties as assigned.
This the Public Relations Coordinator must possess a variety of skills to include: outstanding verbal and written communication abilities, strong interpersonal and customer service skills, knowledge of computer applications and programs, attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to work and succeed under pressure, self-motivation, and the ability and desire to successfully multitask.
Proficient in Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office preferred.
· Dissemination of weekly/monthly update correspondence email
· Coordinating production and dissemination of Chamber collateral materials (i.e. special event invitations/programs, flyers, etc.)
· Updating of on-line social networking communications
· Dissemination of press releases for special events, Chamber happenings, public policy stances, and community activities
· Managing production of in-house business directory editorial (not advertising)
· Maintaining and administrating Chamber website & online content
· Being knowledgeable about Chamber culture and membership information
· Generating correspondences for special events, sponsors, media outreach
· Organization of online Member Pride Campaign
· Administration on coworking calendar and bookings
· Assistance at special events and chamber programming
· Draft correspondence and letters
· General office duties
· Able to lift at least 30 lbs.
· Other duties as assigned by team leaders
Please submit all resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The job positing will close on July 15, 2019.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted.
The LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.