To work with the International Director of Investigations in conducting research, compiling evidence and writing reports on factory farming industries examined through field investigations and document analysis.
- Conduct online research into selected farmed animal companies
- Develop and maintain databases related to corporate connections, common agricultural practices, and animal welfare policies
- Monitor government notices of animal welfare violations and make FOIA requests for supporting documents
- Support the Director of Investigations in maintaining best investigative practices across all of Animal Equality’s international offices
- Review photo and video evidence collected by field investigators
- Logistical support for field investigations
- Organize and maintain video server
- Write reports based on evidence obtained by field investigators
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in criminology, animal law, animal sciences or related field
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Highly analytical approach to viewing graphic material filmed inside slaughterhouses and factory farms
- Ability to compile data from a variety of scholarly sources in support of investigative findings
- Comfortable working with various digital imaging formats, file transfer applications and server software
- Advanced knowledge of factory farming systems, standard practices, and welfare concerns
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere and Prelude
- Ability to work independently and complete projects under strict deadlines
- Proven ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality with sensitive materials at all times
- Adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, and 401(k). Casual office environment includes companion animals.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.