The Development Coordinator plays an important role in the daily operations for the Advancement Office at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering managing varied fundraising, planning, and administrative responsibilities. This position supports the Senior Associate Dean of Advancement with duties related to the engagement, cultivation, and stewardship of the department top boards and donors. We are seeking an individual who is pursuing a career in advancement and will leverage this opportunity as a step towards a frontline fundraising position.
- Acts as liaison between the Senior Associate Dean and both external and internal contacts, and manage Senior Associate Dean’s calendar including meeting and traveling schedules. Provides administrative support for various aspects including contact reports, reimbursement of expenditures, producing meeting agendas and minutes, briefings, stewardship letters, business correspondences, reports, etc..
- Assists Senior Associate Dean in maintaining and reviewing prospect contact reports, proposals and projected solicitations to accurately represent efforts with prospects.
- Analyzes the management of donors and prospects under various states of qualification, solicitation, and cultivation using University Advancement tools, and maintain relationships with donors.
- Coordinates the gift agreement process; including writing the agreement using approved gift agreement templates and coordinating appropriate approvals with central advancement.
- Conducts in-depth research in coordination with Central Advancement Research on donors to determine whether they have prospective value to school. Identifies potential prospects.
- Works with Advancement Services to assist in tracking development goals, developing best practice for donor service, and maintaining accuracy of donor records.
- Assists in proposal submission and tracking process.
- Liaises and interfaces with University Advancement and other staff member to ensure needs are met, assignments are complete, and problems are resolved.
- Creates informational materials in coordination with Central Advancement to extend communication to all parties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with other special projects as required.
- Strong critical thinking, planning, execution and multitasking skills and demonstrated ability to reprioritize on the fly.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Easily manage quickly changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information with absolute discretion.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel to all university locations.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
Applications need to include the following attachments in order to be considered complete: